We reserved a room for duration of our daughter's conference as we wanted to see her & to babysit 8-yr old grandson. Asked for a room in vicinity of theirs (which was bayview & paid by her company) we opted for the less expensive city view; but upon arrival were upgraded & it was adjoining; a real plus- 18th floor; great views.
Lovely grounds, 2 pools, nice bar area; food was so-so there. Nothing much for younger children to do. There is a playground nearby also the Children Museum which unfortunately was closed for renovations, so can't comment on that.
No comfort foods on location restaurant, need to walk a few blocks to get to family-friendly eateries. Suggest reservations for any place at night to get a nice table & bay view if available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay in style in sunny Southern California at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Our hotel in downtown San Diego provides an environment that perfectly suits business and leisure travel. Enjoy luxurious accommodations that come with many helpful and convenient amenities, like a 446-slip marina. The setting here at our San Diego hotel is superb: adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter. We are also near Balboa Park, Seaport Village and LEGOLAND(R) California. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego