The hotel is huge. It reminded me of one of those large convention hotels. It has two towers, around 4-5 restaurants, a Starbucks, Roy's Hawaiian fusion restaurant, and a very large pool and bar scene. It reminded me of something out of Vegas (but suitable for families).
I was very impressed with the decor. Everything seemed spacious, very clean and filled with bright colors. The rooms were very clean and the bathrooms had real wood in them in full length mirrors on the backs of the bathroom doors.
It’s a great hotel for business. As a matter of fact, the convention center is literally next door to the hotel.
I think the main highlight of this place was the pool/bar. I apologize for not having pics of it; I honestly was too busy drinking pina coladas to remember to take those pics :). The staff is very nice and attentive and its definitely one of those hotels that can cater to the family with young children, the energetic 20-somethings and the more mature ones that just want to sit back and talk over a beer…or two... or three. I admit the largest area of the pool was closed that day so I didn’t go in but it looked amazing.
The Marriott is right on Seaport village, next to the embarcadero and 3 blocks down and across the street from the Gaslamp.
Some tidbits to those going to SD for the first time... the Gaslamp is filled with restaurants and bars so make sure to check that out. Seaport village is a tourist trap but very nice and fun to walk around. The zoo and balboa park are MUSTs. If you have the time (and love Mexican food) check out the carnitas at the Old Town Mexican Cafe. If you love desserts, I recommend you go to Extraordinary Desserts. If you ove burgers, go to Hodad's. Parking in downtown is horrible and expensive but its worth it. if you love crab, check out Joe's Crab Shack. For steaks, Mortons or Loui and Mickies. For breakfast you must go to Hash House a-Gogo. A fun date night with live music at Anthropology. If you love biking and walking, you can get from downtown ( aslamp/Seaport Village) to Balboa and Hilcrest/NorthPark/Banker Hill without a taxi. Also, this hotel is pretty close to the airport and I beleive they have an airport shuttle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Soak up the sun in style at Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina. Unique to other downtown San Diego hotels, Marriott provides an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation with luxury guest rooms, 280,000 square feet of meeting space and a 446-slip marina. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our San Diego hotel in downtown is at the center of many popular attractions including Balboa Park, the San Diego Zoo, Seaport Village, SeaWorld(R) San Diego & LEGOLAND(R) California. Experience grand service and thoughtful amenities during your stay with exceptional dining options, a resort-style pool with cabanas and a bar, spa and state-of-the-art fitness center. Relax at the end of the day in well-appointed guest rooms featuring plush bedding, the latest technology and breathtaking views of San Diego Bay. No matter what kind of getaway you're craving, our luxury hotel in downtown San Diego delivers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- Marriott San Diego