Marriott Marquis San Diego Marina
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$283
$231
  • Restaurant
$151
  • Breakfast included
$232
  • Pool
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$206
  • Beachfront
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$199
The Dana on Mission Bay(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$169
  • Restaurant
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$217
  • Pool
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$219
Travelocity
$690
$499
Fairmont.com
4,152 results
All reviewsnorth towerseaport villageconvention centertequila barthe concierge loungepool areacoronado islandself parkingcity viewwithin walking distancethe gas lamp districtbalcony roomlarge hotelpetco parkgaslamp quarterroom servicebeautiful hotel
Reviewed December 1, 2007

Fantastic & friendly staff. Super views of the harbour, easy access to areas of interest in/around San Diego. Close to international airport & shopping.
Rooms were very clean & of good size. Overall good value

Reviewed November 4, 2007

Went to a business meeting for the weekend at the San Diego Marina Marriott. Good location adjacent to the Convention center.
Next to Seaside Village, nice walk at nite. Also very close to Gastown and Downtown area, although these require a little more of a walk. If you are travelling from LA or Orange County and do not want to drive, the Amtrak station is very close by.

Hotel itself is OK. I was a little disappointed by the noise from the trains that are nearby and I was on the 9th floor. My room looked like it had not been vacuumed or picked up. I had to pick up a few stray coat hangers that were lying on the floor and there a few pieces of sharp black plastic on the dark carpet, fortunately I found them before taking off my shoes. Otherwise the room was nice.

Also had to explain to the hotel staff that there was no ethernet cord in the room, they kept asking me to search the room. Wireless is probably only available in lobby. There is a charge a $10/day charge for internet access and parking is $20 for self-park and $28 for valet.

Food was OK, may have due to what was ordered for the meeting. Healthclub is available 24 hours and looked nice. If you like tennis courts, there are 4 available on site. Had a better dinner at the buffet at the nearby Hyatt. Pool available, but there is no beach access nearby.

Would I stay here again if I was going to a convention next door, probably not, there are many other hotels nearby. Would I recommend staying here for a vacation, I guess so, but there are also other options around San Diego.

Stayed: October 2007
2  Thank onoman
Reviewed October 20, 2007

For the price you pay per night, this hotel is not worth it... the only good things about the place are it's location (sea side and close to the convention center). Otherwise, as others had mentioned... the rooms are old and outdated, and the customer service isn't very good. I reserved a room with 2 double beds over a month ago and when they gave me my room, they ended up giving me a single king bed.. when I called the front to tell me they gave me the wrong room... they basically said I was s.o.l.(____ outta luck). They told me that it was just a request and not a guarantee that I would get the 2 double beds which is basically B.S. if you ask me. Overall... very disappointed, the only reason I gave them a 2 instead of a 1star is because of the convenient location. Otherwise... this hotel is waaaaaaaay overpriced.

1  Thank chomps
Reviewed October 20, 2007

The nice thing about Marriott is that you know what you're going to get, clean, quiet, and nice location. This hotel is no exception.

The room was clean and nice, nothing special but spacious and accomodating. The balcony with the "Bay View" (north tower) was spectacular. Unfortunately I never got a photo. The hotel is right across from the convention center, which is why I came to San Diego. They have a dry walkway since it insisted on raining several days. They have a very nice (but expensive) breakfast buffet downstairs. The hotel has several restaurants on site but is also close to the Gaslamp district (walk up either 4th or 5th street for lots of choices) or Seaport Village (didn't love the food anywhere but the views are gorgeous). Their concierge service helped us out a lot, and cheerfully. They have a water ferry that goes over to Coranado island for $6/each way. We took the shuttle back from the Hotel Del Coranado to the Marriott on the way back for $24. Internet (no WiFi) is $9.95/day and supposedly includes local and long distance calling although I never used that.

On a separate note, I found taxi's to be rather expensive in San Diego overall. This was a $20 ride from the airport and from the hotel up to Mission Beach area I paid over $30 each way with tip. After being spoiled in NYC the week before it was difficult to adjust. Luckily this hotel is close to many restaurants and attractions, in this town that's worth it!

1  Thank WI-Couple
Reviewed October 19, 2007

I agree the view is nice and it is near the convention center.
However the service is terrible, it is a bit run down and outdated, and the room rates are out of controll. The quality of the rooms was at best a Holiday Inn.

Stayed: September 2007