“Recommended for families on a budget”

Kings Inn San Diego
Ranked #31 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta, Georgia
“Recommended for families on a budget”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

The Kings Inn is a nice 3 star hotel in a style of a motel. If you have a car, it's close to everything. Hotel is very clean and customer service is great. Special thanks to Ana, front desk manager. Human factor is always very important in hotel business and she knows how to greet people.
There is a heated pool outside + hot tub which is a great addition to it. There two restaurants on the property: a Waffle spot (a typical American place with big portions and hearty breakfasts) and a good Mexican family style "Amigo" with a nice happy hour for drinks and snacks.
Recommended for families on a budget

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (429)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Flagstaff, Arizona
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed @ Kings Inn for only one night. I chose it because of location, heated pool/spa, cost, & positive reviews. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable enough. The bathroom is rather small, but I hope you aren't planning on spending a lot of time in there. The pool and hot tub were clean & in good shape. The dinner restaruant/bar & the breakfast/lunch restaruant were decently priced with good food. I would definately stay again.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, I would request a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you. We are happy that you found value and comfort in your stay at Kings Inn. We also appreciate you trying both of our on site restaurants. We hope your review will encourage others who are looking to book with us just as our previous reviews influenced your decision.
Bullhead City, Arizona
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This is an older hotel that is going through a 2.5 million dollar up grade. I'm a travel agent and get to stay in various grades of hotels and happily I can say that this was a very pleasant experience. The room was very nice and clean and the staff were very courteous and very helpful. Location is also very good with access to freeways, different sights and locations to visit.The value is exceptional and I will return.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate all our guest reviews posted here. Because you are a travel agent we definitely are happy to see we met your expectations on a professional as well as a personal level. Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to your return and to sharing the many improvements we have planned for 2014.
Tracy, California
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've been here before. Good stuff, great value! Sandy at the front desk was extremely helpful getting me settled in to the area. she had some great recommendations on my brief stay. Yup, I'd recommend it. Great for families, too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
We were glad to have you as a returning guest and that Sandy's service at the front desk was noteworthy. Thank you for choosing Kings Inn and we look forward to future visits.
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The Kings Inn is clean, comfy and convenient to everything in San Diego. The staff were friendly, courteous and smiling. The restaurant was clean and comfy. You really can't beat the cost for the location. We would definately stay here again in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Our favorite reviews are the ones that let us know we met our four primary goals in your experience. We strive to provide a balanced combination of Value, Comfort, Cleanliness and Service for our guests. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your future visits.
San Diego, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

had a great time it was the only place in misson valley that had a heated pool they gave me such a great rate we stayed an extra night we loved happy hour the food was great we plan on more trips there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
We are glad you enjoyed the value and comfort of our rooms and heated pool and that you took advantage of our awesome happy hour with specials from 4pm-7pm daily and complimentary appetizers Monday-Friday. We look forward to your future visits.
Pugwash, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I read many reviews and did not want to spend alot of money on this particular visit to San Diego. I was just taking a tube bending class so I just want to sleep.
Many reviews of inexpensive hotels sorta scared me because of critters , varmints hotel rooms and scalywags selling their wares. in the area.

It is an older hotel but it is quite clean and I felt safe, so safe that I did not have any problem walking to and fro my car, that is saying alot.

You got to face it, San Diego is a large city with a huge influx of strangers who love the weather so their are many unscrupulous characters in the area. That life in the big city!

Bathrooms are small but you have to remember that they made these in the fifties, even regular homes at this time were small. But most important it was immaculate, no nasty smell and I like the fact that they will charge people who smoke fin a non-smoking room. I hate the smell of old smoke smells like an permanent old fart!

I love that it was critterless because I do not appreciate taking a batch of stowaways to my home which is roach free!

I was looking for a bargain and I found a clean safe one.

I did not use the spa and pool but it looked inviting and clean.

Kid freindly, family oriented, I would bring my own grandchildren.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Abe W
We truly appreciate your review of your stay with us. We are glad that we lived up to the majority of our reviews from other guests and that we met your expectations for cleanliness and comfort. We hope the next time you visit San Diego you will have an easy decision when choosing a hotel and rebook with us.