“Good Location for attractions”

Kings Inn San Diego
Ranked #26 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Staff very friendly and helpful. Waffle spot good place to eat breakfast. Rooms clean and comfortable. Good location. The staff recommended places to go and see in the area. The pool was nice and clean around the area.

Room Tip: Nicely remodeled rooms
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you for the great review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit to San Diego and your stay at Kings Inn. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,321)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for the San Diego Marathon. The hotel rooms are very basic, but have everything you need. The pool area and spa are probably my favorite part of the place. Very nice spa and pool area for playing or relaxing. The Amigo's restaurant is good as well.

We paid just over 100 bucks a night and compared to other places near by it was the best value around. I would recommend this place if you are looking for the best bang for the buck.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Kings Inn for your hotel during your participation in the Rock-n-Roll Marathon. We are glad you found comfort and value in your stay and enjoyed our pool and restaurants. We hope that we will be your destination hotel whenever you return to San Diego.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We weren’t impressed but more so disappointed, the property is minimal in updates and amenities but for the price made sense. I don't regret staying here as the room was kind of dismal but the staff made up for that by being overly helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Lower level is recemended.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed that you were unimpressed with our hotel and could not percieve the impact of our ongoing improvements that have included new lighting, new plumbing fixtures, new paint and wall art, new 32 inch LCD TV's, new mattresses and new double-paned windows.

We understand that we have a ways to go to achieve the full wow factor we are working towards but know we are well on our way with exciting changes in progress even now.We are pleased that you did find value in your rate and that our staff excelled in attending you. We hope you will consider future stays to witness our ongoing improvements first hand.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel is in a fantastic location to explore San Diego and the surrounding area. The rooms although a little dated were clean, comfortable and great value compared to a lot of hotels nearby, so the age is not even an issue. The staff in the hotel were friendly and very helpful in recommending places to go, organising taxis and generally looking after us.

The pool and spa were relaxing at the end of the day and a great place to meet fellow travellers and share stories. There are good facilities on site including a laundry and two restaurants. We only tried the one for breakfast but that was good. Breakfast is not included in the price, but then it doesn't say that it is and gives more flexibility with some great cafes in downtown SD only 10 minute drive away.

I would have no hesitation in staying here again and recommend it to all

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for recognizing and appreciating our identity as a vintage independent hotel. We love reading all your great comments, especially regarding the friendly service our staff provided with you. We hope our potential guests will take your recommendation and book with Kings Inn.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family enjoys staying at this hotel, we received great service and their price is very reasonable. This hotel is located in a beautiful area of San Diego, close to the beach, shopping and tourist attractions, could not ask for more. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your great review of Kings Inn. We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us and found our location scenic and convenient. We hope you will consider another stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I took a couple days get away trip to San Diego around the end of April. Prior to my trip, I did some good research on quite a few hotels. Overall, Kings Inn Hotel stood out with really good reviews among other hotels in the same price range. I was very impressed when I got to the hotel (around 2 pm). The front desk lady was really helpful and were able to check me in early, also gave me a few tips of what to do and where to go. The room was nice and clean, bed was comfy. They constantly keeping the area clean: ground, landscape, pool, etc. I always see the staffs (custodian) watering the plants, cleaning the pool in the morning and sweeping the ground areas. Also the location was really convenience, it's not very far from most of the must-see areas.

Thank you David (manager) and all the friendly staffs for the great service. I'll absolutely stay at Kings Inn again for my next visit to San Diego, and would recommend Kings Inn to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
David P, Manager at Kings Inn San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

We truly love to hear that our guest reviews helped in your decision to stay with us at Kings Inn. Even better, thank you for adding your own great review. As a family-owned and independent hotel, these reviews mean a lot to us because your recommendation will always be our most valuable marketing.

Thank you also for recognizing our groundskeeper. He truly is one of the hardest working individuals and it is always nice when our heart of the house employees get a kind word as they are the true heroes of hospitality.

We are glad we could accommodate your early arrival. As the summer months progress, it does become more challenging to allow early check-ins but as long as we have clean rooms available our new policy is to allow complimentary early check-ins after 1pm based on availability.

Yucca Valley is not too far away and we hope this means that we will see you again soon.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I came down to San Diego for my sons Marine Graduation. I came across a deal on the internet so I made my reservations. The pics posted is what you get. So many times I get old pictures and the place is outdated when I get there. Not so here. I was greeted with my family wife son and daughter after hours because our flight got in late. They were expedient in settling us in. No hassle. Just "Enjoy your stay with us". Free coffee anytime woohoo! Everthing was great and stress free. I would like to mention the front desk clerk named sandra or sandy. My family and I were looking for someplace that wasnt far and was worth going to see . Seeing that we were on tight schedule. Sandra(Sandy) not only advise us of some spots but printed directions to each of them. I didnt have to ask. I needed extra towels and shampoo no problem right away within 5 min. Really the scenery is so beautiful and the accomadations very clean. I thanked the manager for such a pleasant stay. Again stress free, relaxing in pool and hot tub. Son came back with us what a great time we had. Thank you Kings Inn The Loveday family

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking pool...beautiful scenery
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Joseph T

Thank you for your stellar review and for recognizing our guest service agent, Sandy. We are proud to have her on our staff. We are very happy that we made your trip stress free so that you could fully enjoy your son's graduation.

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and grounds and the service and cleanliness of housekeeping. The scenery is constantly evolving here based on the season and our groundskeeper is perpetually in motion. We have big plans over the next month to make an even greater impression.

We appreciate your stay with us and hope the Loveday Family will soon have another reason to visit San Diego and Kings Inn.