This one GRAND hotel. We had a grand time and hated to have to leave. We were 6 adults and an infant celebrating my wife's birthday & our anniversary. We brought the whole family and grand-baby with us. We had a Grand Suite with 2 bedrooms. It worked out great for us. I can't say enough about the staff here. They are the nicest people.
The location was perfect. Behind the hotel is Seaport Village with nice little shops and restaurants. We walked through there several times and had several good meals. The Midway Aircraft Carrier and the harbor bay cruises are in walking distance. The San Diego Zoo is only 15 minutes away.
I was able to use the Diamond Member check in line. Check in went quickly and smoothly. We were given 2 keys to each of the 3 rooms that made up out 2 bedroom suite. The person who checked us in explained the service times for the Grand Club and how the parking garage works for guests.
The parlor/family room was over 700 square feet with a sofa bed, chairs, dining table, and full bathroom. We used this as a 3rd bedroom at night. One bedroom had a king bed, the other had 2 double beds. Each room had a refrigerator and full size bathroom. We were able to shut off each of the 3 rooms at night so each couple had their privacy. We were on the 31st floor and has an awesome view of the bay.
Elite members and those staying in the "club" rooms have access to the Grand Club on the 33rd floor. The Grand Club offers complimentary breakfast, evening cocktails (for a minimal fee) and hors d'oeuvres. We had breakfast there each day and snacks in the late afternoon. The food was good.
There are 2 nice size pools. A family pool and an adult only pool. They have fire pits at the end of the family pool which we enjoyed a few of the nights.
They have a small yard on the other side of the pool with a ping pong table, 2 foosball tables, beanbag toss, scooters, and blocks for kids to play with. The ping pong, foosball, and beanbag toss made me feel like a kid again.
Housekeeping was perfect. Our rooms were cleaned and made up every day. Used water bottles were replaced every day.
We will definitely stay at this Hyatt again. I just need to find a reason to come back to San Diego! Love it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Priceline, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego