I stayed at the Manchester Grand for a work conference, and since it was much nicer than the hotels I usually stay at on business, I was pretty satisfied. I'd give it a 3.5 if I could. The pool was absolutely beautiful, the view from my room spectacular, and the food at the restaurants and from room service was above average hotel food. The service I received from the concierge and bell staff was also good. The bed was very comfortable. And..the location. Right next to Seaside Village which is full of touristy shops and restaurants, and a short walk from the Gaslamp quarter, which has great shopping and excellent dining choices. You're also a short walk from the marina area where you can check out a giant aircraft carrier and some tall ships.
*when I got into my room, the toilet paper roll was half empty as was the bottle of lotion on the sink. This was the first time I have ever experienced that in a hotel, and it kind of grossed me out. When you go to a hotel, you aren't supposed to see any sign of the people who stayed in the room before you!!
*Guests had to pay additional costs to use the fitness center and wireless internet. For the cost of this hotel, I would expect these things to be included.
Overall it was a good stay, but I don't know that I'd stay there if I was footing the bill myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego