I recently stayed for a week during a conference and was pleased with experience from a personal and professional experience. During the conference, their AV staff was extremely attentive and helpful, making sure everything ran smoothly. (My rechargeable batteries died right before my presentation and a member of the staff quickly replaced them, saving the day!) The event staff, from the technical side to the food, was top notch.
From a personal perspective, it was also a wonderful stay. There are two large pools to relax in after a long day of conferences. *Tip, if it's a bit breezy for your tastes at the main pool, go up one floor to the Adult Only pool. There is better wind coverage there.
The food in the main hotel bar was tasty and reasonably priced, but you don't feel "trapped" in this hotel and forced to eat inside. There are very inexpensive, water-front cafes within steps of the rear entrance to the hotel. You can wander along the water and have access to a variety of shops and a different place to eat each night.
If you feel like getting out to see more of San Diego, public transportation is short walk from the front door. Great location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Amex, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego