Stayed here 2 weekends ago & loved the gorgeous lobby area, lobby bars & restaurants, easy parking, upscale beautiful clean room, fabulous views, delicious & fast room service and super comfortable beds. All that deserved 5 stars however the pool area as beautiful as it is is lacking as Pool water temp is cold.., not cool but cold. Here we were on a typical nice sunny weekend & unfortunately you could not use the pool. For my daughter as I’m sure for many other families & other guests, it was a disappointment. There were prob 60-70 people around the pool area on chairs and no-one was in the pool. To make matters worse the hot-tubs were just slightly warm.. maybe about 80°. Trips for many esp families w kids are based around the pool. Next issue when I called for poolside service i was told it would take 35-40 min. Politely they did say if I didn’t want to wait I could go down to the lobby bar, so I did (obviously a hassle). I spent 25-30 min ordering some drinks & snacks. Lobby barman was backed up being the only bartender working + one waitress.. he told me the pool area's blender was broken & he was backed up making their drinks.. bla bla bla.. Not a pleasant Pool day at the Hyatt.
Foods & drinks situation although a hassle, I do understand that things happen from time to time.. but as for the pool temp I feel there is no excuse. I googled these 4 words “hyatt manchester pool cold” and A LOT came up regarding this ongoing issue. It makes one believe that its all about saving money at the the customers “pleasure” expense. I hope the manager who I notice does answer some of these comments, kindly reads my review and explains. Thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego