Entering the massive reception area you can immediately see that this hotel has more character than the usual characterless hotels found in the States. To the right of reception is a large bar, although the prices were slightly more expensive than bars outside it was still reasonable and the service was good. Next door to the bar there is the 'Hot milk shop' with a dash of coffee called Starbucks, absolutely hate this chain and its products hence I did not use it.
To the left of reception is the concierge desk and another bar which really is very pleasant with lovely decor and character. Information given to me differed to what a colleague was given regarding transport options to a local mall, I was told that a Taxi at $20 approx each way was the only option other than a public bus, my colleague was told to take the MTS at $2.50 each way, make of that what you will...
My room was lovely with two large double beds and a fantastic view of the pool area and the harbour. The room looked like it was new. The beds were comfortable and spotlessly clean. There was also a desk, large flat screen TV and Tea/Coffee making facilities. The Bathroom, although small was more than adequate with all the usual amenities again it was very clean and well maintained. Internet on this visit was included with the room and was very fast with no connection issues.
Overall this was a great stay and all the staff that I encountered were very helpful and pleasant, if there was one thing that I would criticise is that these modern hotels have heavy doors which when left to close on there own produce a loud bang which, for me, is not only very annoying but on my first night I was woken 3 times by inconsiderate guests slamming doors (not the fault of the hotel though).
I cannot comment on value as this was a company booking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego