Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
Island Inn(San Diego)
  • Fitness center
  • Restaurant
The Sofia Hotel(San Diego)
  • Breakfast included
8,124 results
All reviewsseaport villageharbor toweruss midwayconvention centerhuge hotelwithin walking distanceadult poolcoronado islandgaslamp quartercorner roomself parkingthe gas lamp districtbusiness conferencepetco parkfire pitfloordowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I've stayed here many times and always been impressed. Location is fantastic, within easy reach of the harbor and town. It is a huge hotel, but nevertheless seems relaxed and efficient. The views from the harbor tower are particularly good, and the top floor bar is a wonderful spot to relax at the end of the day and enjoy the views of the city going to sleep.

Room Tip: Upper level harbor view
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
KHelms, Manager at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Gerard M,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to our property when you are in San Diego. We agree that the Top of the Hyatt is a lounge experience in San Diego that everyone should enjoy since it truly is one of a kind. Be sure to come see us again soon!

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The service you receive from the valet service, to the front desk, to the housekeeping staff , etc. at the Manchester Grand Hyatt is Superb. The Kin spa located in the hotel is very nice. Starbucks located off lobby is very convenient. The hotel has many meeting rooms for conventions, which was the reason for our trip to San Diego. I cant say enough about how friendly and helpful the staff were to us. This was our second stay at this hotel and I would not hesitate to return again!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Gabrielle,

Thank you so much for sharing your candid feedback here on TripAdvisor. We sincerely appreciate all of the nice comments you have for all of the staff that supported you during your stay. Service remains to be our number one priority, and to see reviews like yours puts a smile to our face. Please feel free to reach out to us on our social network channels and update us on your next stay at our property! Hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Our first room was renovated but small due to the fact that we had a three year old.We upgraded to a corner room that was much bigger but not renovated, it was still suitable and offered spectacular views. The fridge was handy and the bed was comfortable. Every staff member was friendly, helpful and generally seemed to enjoy working there. We had the Grand Club included in our nightly fee and with our 3 yr old was worth every penny, they should have free wifi in there. Although that would encourage loitering. The hotel is near the USS Midway , the Trolley , small walking park,seaport village,and gaslamp quarter is a 7 minute walk and the convention centre is 4 minutes away.It's been a while since we had such a pleasant stay at a hotel and next time we go to San Diego we will definitely stay there.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed February 14, 2013

First, it is a pretty hotel, beautiful lobby and nice staff, I just have a few concerns and things I would like to make consumers as well as the staff aware of.
When I booked, I booked a "Premium Bay View" room and the reservation said so. On the day of arrival, I received an email to do online check-in to expedite the process, so I did so, but realized it didn't specify "premium bay view" after I did it, but only "premium view." So I called up and spoke to a nice woman who explained that "premium view can be city or bay view" and I explained that I wanted and my reservation said bay view. She told me the system had me in a city view, but did switch me to a bay view. So I did not like this at all, had I not called, I would not have received what I reserved and what my reservation stated. Seemed quite "bait and switch-y" to me. I also did not like that the photo of a bay view room show two windows in the corner, one directly facing bay and one on side. My bay view premium room had only one window and it was on the side, not facing the bay directly, so rather than my view being the bay and Coronado, it was the building next door, USS Midway, Naval base and a sliver of the bay...again, not what it seemed it would be and again, "bait and switch-y" to me. Other that, it was a nice room, except that the TV didn't work when I got to the room and had to wait for someone (about 40 minutes) to come up and figure out why TV didn't work.
This one is pet-peeve and specific to this room only (2740, if I remember right), but it was a modern sink, a shallow square tub-like sink on a pedestal, and it wasn't level...water would pool in the front right corner and not drain. You could easily see the sink was not level but looking at difference between mirror and sink. How can housekeeping and maintenance not see this?
Proximity to Gas Light District is good, easy walk. Plenty to see and do in area.
Food in hotel seemed a bit pricey, but to be expected considering location and such.
Maid service one day was not until after 2pm, and then she left no new towels, so wife and I were left to a single bath towel. Maid also replaced the coffee used, but not creamer/sugar sets.
It's a pretty hotel, but I left disappointed, and if you read all my other reviews, I am not one to give too many, if any, bad reviews, but considering the cost involved and the "bait and switch" feelings of how all this went on, I am not sure I'd stay here again.
By the way, even from the 27th floor and bay side, you could still hear the bells of the trolley at all hours, that surprised me, being so high up. It must echo off between the two buildings.
Management can feel free to contact me for additional information or resolution.

Room Tip: Make sure you demand what you reserve. Do not expect your reservation to be a bay view just because that's what you reserved. Call the day of and confirm you're getting what you reserved.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank DKimmey
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Just spent a week in a corner high room in the Seaport tower, with amazing views over the USS Midway and general harbour vista. So dazzling were the views that wen working I had to drop the lighter of the two blinds to stop myself from being too distracted.

Although attending a conference, so limited direct contact with the restaurants and other facilites, I found everyone I dealt with to be gracious and helpful. The team in the Club Lounge were perfect hosts and made up for the rather sparse offerings at times other than breakfast. (I suppose the comparison to club lounges in Asia isn't really fair).

The setting is great with esay access to the harbour-side attractions and disney-esq collection of restaurants and shops clustered by the marina, all rather manufactured, but quite pleasant. you can head out the main entrance and wal about ten minutes to be in the gas lamp district, which is fun and not-at-all manufactured.

I would definitely want to come back here agian, especially if I could have a similar room, high up on the harbour end.

Room Tip: King corner, high floor
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear BerkhamstedJules,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback here on TripAdvisor. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room with spectacular views that are sincerely one of a kind. We are also happy to hear that you had taken advantage of our Grand Club lounge which is an area of the hotel I have always recommended to anyone staying at the hotel. We love our centralized location with easy access to many shops and restaurants. Exactly what we like our guests to take advantage of.

Hope to see you again in San Diego very soon!