Stayed here 3 nights in early January for a business conference. It is a huge hotel but the staff do a fine job of paying attention to the guests' requests. Room service breakfasts were good and prompt. The 40th floor cocktail lounge is probably lovely, but with hundreds of hustling conventioneers there, it was not very much fun for me. 'd try it again on a slower evening...lovely views of the bay and Point Loma, cruise ships, etc.
Room was poorly stocked upon arrival (no soap!) but a note to housekeeping took care of that the next day. Housekeeping was very good, room was clean and comfortable.
One issue: NOISE. We were in Harbor Tower, 24th floor. There is airport noise and the Trolly noice--a ding ding ding as they lower the grade crossing gates. This goes on all night. We sort of got used to it, but I thought I'd give it a mention. Also, as others have noted, DOOR SLAMMING is a real problem...the place is not very soundproof and one can hear water running in the adjoining rooms, doors shutting, conversations in the hallway. Valet parking in $36/night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego