These rooms are beautiful, nice big flat screen TV with HD programming but it's the DING DING DING DING DING I'll remember. There's a trolley stop right next to the hotel and every time a trolley goes by, the crossing arms go down and there is a DING DING DING DING DING for a couple of minutes as people get on and off. Holy cow you'd think they'd put in really thick windows. The trolley runs from 4am to almost midnight, so you don't get much of a break.
A couple other downsides are the expensive parking ($26/day) and the Hyatt charging $10/day for wifi. If I can get free wifi at the Super 8 motel in Blackwell, Oklahoma, I sure as heck should be able to get it at a "grand" Hyatt.
So, if you're rich and either deaf or a really heavy sleeper, this is a great place to stay, with beautiful, clean rooms and gorgeous views. If you like a quiet night's sleep, I'd go somewhere else. If you hate getting whacked for an extra $26 a day for parking, I'd go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Priceline, Jetsetter and Evoline ltd so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego