The hotel is very nice. The lobby bar has very slow service (even when its dead)- but that is not atypical of hotel bars.
The rooms are quite nice and the views are great. The hotel is located very well.
After staying here for a few days, we noticed that we were getting sick. It was the down comforter and pillows provided by the hotel (nice for most people, but not with allergies).
Anyways, we requested they change the comforter out to a hypoallergenic comforter. They asked us to leave the room so they could change it out. After 1.5 hrs and 3 requests, I walked down to show the night HS manager that the hotel had not in-fact changed the comforter out and our sheets had not been changed.
While insisting this was not the case, I showed her a photo of our bed that I took on my phone. She agreed to have someone come up to resolve it.
When she arrived she brought us a blue/grey wool blanket (the kind you use when watching TV on the couch- not a comforter you would sleep with). I protested and requested she bring the type of comforter that they advertise on their website that are hypo allergenic. The night HS manager insisted that all of the comforters in the building were down feathered and the best they could do was offer us a blanket for the bed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Under new ownership. The Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is the ultimate waterfront urban hotel and spa and tallest waterfront building on the West Coast rising high above magnificent San Diego Bay. Panoramic bay and city views welcome you in all of our 1628 newly renovated guestrooms including 76 suites. A 25,000 sq/ft roof top pool deck overlooks San Diego Bay and has 2-whirl pools, a pool bar, cabanas, fire pit and stage area. The Grand lobby is filled with marble, brass, dark stained woods and several grand paintings all lit naturally by 3 stories of windows, which look out over a massive 5 lane porte cochere giving the guest a sense of arrival not seen outside of Las Vegas. The hotel has two marina-view restaurants, a full service Marilyn Monroe Spa and Salon, a sky lounge, a lobby bar, coffee house, a deli and an upscale lounge/restaurant featuring specialty martinis, mojitos and California cuisine. The hotel has over 130,000 sq/ft of meeting space, featuring a 34,000 sq/ft exhibit hall, a 30,000 & 25,000 sq/ft ballrooms next to each other, a 10,000 sq/ft Jr Ballroom and 41 meeting rooms and 45 conference suites. We hope to welcome you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Manchester Hyatt San Diego
- Grand Hyatt San Diego