“Great Service, Staff - Very Accommodating!”

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
Ranked #160 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We held our annual national sales meeting here. Outside of having the worst weather San Diego's seen since the Ice Age, everything went terrific. The staff at the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay were OUTSTANDING to work with - no matter what last minute change/request we had. I have never seen such quick and efficient turnaround to accommodate our needs when the weather was not cooperating for our outdoor venues! The Spa was a wonderful retreat with excellent staff as well. I would suggest giving them a try.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,601)

Reviewed October 20, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights and really enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were great - - we had a balcony overlooking the pools, bay and beach. The room has an iPod radio where we listened to music, had a glass of wine and enjoyed every evening watch the sun go down.
The hotel was packed when we first arrived which was a bit annoying at the pool but luckily the crowd died down the second day and we had a great stay.
The food and drinks were a bit pricey (but I guess they always are at hotels) and not very good. The room had a fridge so I would advise bringing your own drinks and snacks. We stopped by a convenience store on our walk back from the beach and grabbed some goodies.
The hotel has a few fire pits where you can relax or do s'mores. The hotel sales s'more kits :)
We walked over the bridge to the beach (about 30 minute walk) and had a great time on the beach. Wow, the people watching was GREAT!
If you walk down the marina from the hotel there is a bagel shop (owned by the hotel) - we ate breakfast outside and watched the seals - - it was really neat.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Hotel staff good, some amenities lacking. Much appreciated staff offering us complimentary champagne to celebrate our anniversary and great service at the Red Marlin restaurant. Would have expected robes in the rooms for walking through the extensive grounds to pool area or lounging on our balcony. Water sports desk was never open and we were eventually referred to a competitor's rental service down the boardwalk. Not close enough to restaurant/retail area which would likely have been fine had the weather been better and we'd spent all our time by the pool.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2010

Very nice location and property, but some of the gurst rooms needs updating.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

We usually stay at the Hilton but I wanted to give Hyatt a try because we had never stayed at a Hyatt. We booked a suite for a 2 night vacation package through Sea World and added an extra night directly through Hyatt. We planned on staying for 3 nights. From the time we walked up to the front desk it was disaster. First of all the young lady named Bekka greeted us as though it was painful for her to do so. And when we gave her the confirmation number she said we were only booked for 1 night. I had explained to her that we were booked for 2 nights originally through SW and added an extra night. She made calls and could not find anything but had said we were ok for 3 nights. She did not let us know anything about the Hotel or what the Hotel had to offer and did not even offer us what had come with the 3rd night stay ( a movie and 25% off meal in their restaurant and free parking). She has no buisness in the hospitality buisness because she lacked hospitable skills. Then we get to our room. Where do I start? The roomed smelled obnoxious because of the deodorizer the housekeeper used to cover the smells of the musky room, we had to pay for internet service and pay for cartoons on televsion for our daughter (this is unheard of to me),on the balcony was bird droppings from birds pirching over the balcony with no chairs on the balcony to sit. Parking is also 20.00 a day. We were paying almost $300.00 a night. The upgrades in this hotel are tacky and cheap looking. Very cold staff and very cold stay. Needless to say, we cancelled the original 2 night vactaion package through Sea World with the Hyatt and stayed only 1 night. We booked the remaining 2 night stay with Hilton San Diego Resort and Spa up the street. My gut did try to warn me as I was booking this trip to stay with Hilton where we have only got the BEST service in all our visits with Hilton. I
I have to mention that we are disappointed with Sea World as far as not even getting an apology for the waste of money and time Hyatt Regency Mission Bay caused and cost us.
We will probalby not book a vacation package through Sea World in the future and we will NEVER stay at this Hyatt or any other Hyatt as long as we live. Do not waste your money or time here.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Makelahrose
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This lovely hotel was a fun place to stay for a recent conference. The beds were comfortable and I appreciated the small balcony, which faced a stunning view of the marina - a real plus! The hotel's "Red Marlin" restaurant wasn't cheap but was surprisingly good, I willingly paid. Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful with local sighteeing and dining recommendations, just great all around. Only a few drawbacks here - some of my colleagues reported being kept awake by noisy sea lions (!!), and I found it a bit far off the path, every time I wanted to leave the hotel I had to spend a small fortune in taxi rides back and forth. Would recommend renting a car if you choose to stay here. Overall a lovely experience and I would be happy to return.

Reviewed October 12, 2010

Given Hyatt Mission Bay's website, I thought this was another business man's stopover. It had all of the usual Hyatt amenities (great bed, nice bathrm, etc.), but I wasn't prepared for how family friendly it was. A couple of pools, one with dualing water slides, family movie at the pool, and tons of kids over April break. The location is good, just a short ride to Seaworld and the beaches. It would have been nice to be able to walk to the beach, but it wasn't far. The restaurant, Red Marlin, was good too, as was Epstiens for bagels. Great spot for families looking to explore San Diego.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family