Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)
View Hotel
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
  • Pool
Ocean Villa Inn(San Diego)
  • Beachfront
3,675 results
All reviewsred marlinmission bayregency clubsea worldswim barwaterfront suitetower roompool areasea lionsoverlooking the marinafire pitbelmont parkfamily vacationla jollapoolsseaworlddowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I am a frequent trip advisor poster. and the ratings on this hotel were good for me. the little things you may see in prior post are miss leading. just small info that may not bother you but to a picky person. nothing is right.Now i had a good stay. my room was in the tower. room 612. good view and clean.people complain about wifi. well i had hot spot on my phone. and had no problems. also if you book regency club, they have large excellent computers there that is part of package. at no extra cost. true if you get a room closer to the water in the suites. you will hear the water and sea gulls.(you are on the shore). the staff was great from the bell men to the front desk. every one said hello and good morning. clean uniforms. food at bar with aquarium was good.the red marlin was a little pricey, but i don't care for whats on the menu.the hotel mgr.chang was more than helpful.great water slide good breath taking view for sunset and rise.cabs at the front door.the food in the regency club was good and fresh(add meat and it's a 10.)I will be honest the water from plumbing or drains some time had a funky odor.maybe due to close to ocean or what ever reason. just keeping it real for you.

Room Tip: get the tower rooms
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I have travelled extensively and have enjoyed all types of vacations from extravagant to economical. My reviews are all about understanding where I am in the world and that we are a world of differences.

This was our very first visit to San Diego and we were pleased with our choice of hotel. We stayed in the tower on the 15th floor facing down-town San Diego. What a fantastic view. The huge slider/widow and balcony were wonderful for watching the boating activities during the morning and viewing the city lights at night. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room spacious. We liked the seperate bar area in the entryway.

The staff is very helpful and accomodating. There is a nice pool and the restaurant on site was very good. We rented a car through the conceirge and we found that you could get anywhere around the city in no time.

Room Tip: We liked our room that was facing the harbor and down-town San Diego. Great viewing at night!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank madskiing
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This is a great location if visiting Sea World or doing business nearby. The hotel seems to have been updated recently. The lobby is a relaxing space and the entire property could pass for Hawaii with all of the tropical foliage. I was upgraded to a king corner room which was huge and one could do cartwheels in it. Not that I am complaining, but the huge room was rather empty and could have used a few more pieces of furniture to compensate for its huge square footage. It just didn't reel cozy. A few things were lacking in the room's appointments such as bathrobes and also the usual Hyatt bathroom amenities such as travel toothpaste (again I feel like I am spoiled by other Hyatt properties), but these did not detract from my rating as this is still an excellent property for the company.
Breakfast at the restaurant was excellent. This is surrounded by the water of the marina and is a wonderful setting.
I would stay here again, but probably not this particular type of room.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to light when sleeping, then ask for a west-facing room. The room filled up with light upon sunrise as some of the window to the corner room had blinds which leaked a lot of sunlight. Luckily I am an early riser.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe R
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I attended a conference at this resort, and the oceanfront rooms in the suite section (not the tower) were ideally located. Open your doors and you are dockside, with birds, boats and breezes to enjoy from a small comfy balcony. Nice staff and patrons...good pool area and enjoyable room service. The inner pocket doors need replacing in the suites as they are heavy when you close them, but I rarely did. A little sprucing up would help, maybe paint and touch up the nicks on the desks, but I'd overlook that for the chance to stay anytime.

Room Tip: Love the suite section for a quiet night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2013

...view of the harbor with sailboats, ships, and seals. Before arriving, we had the impression this hotel was closer to downtown San Diego but it was close enough to commute. The quality of the hotel and its service made up for the distance from downtown. The lounge on top floor provides panoramic view of surrounding area. The rooms were understated. Trolleys will pick up guests at front door and take them throughout SD...a good way to get an overview of a beautiful city...then go back to explore those most appealing spots.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple