Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$267
$159
  • Pool
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
$599
Fairmont.com
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
  • Room Service
$149
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Beachfront
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
HotelsClick
  • Restaurant
3,675 results
All reviewsred marlinmission bayregency clubsea worldswim barwaterfront suitetower roompool areasea lionsoverlooking the marinafire pitbelmont parkfamily vacationla jollapoolsseaworlddowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our family just went to San Diego for 3 days vacation along with our lovely dog, a mix poodle and Pomeranian. This hotel allows pets and it's at a prime location along the bay very close to Sea World. It's relaxing to cruise along the bay and is close to everywhere you need to go for dinner, entertainment and downtown San Diego. We also took our puppy to Coronado Beach has a section delegate for dogs. He was in heaven, meeting all the other dogs and chasing them around. I would recommend this hotel and go to Coronado beach if you have a pet with you. The hotel also has a big pool with water slide. The kids love it.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bay view, it's worth a vacation
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tuan H
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I had a great time at this Hotel and plan on staying here every time I visit San Diego...next trip in Aug, pushed up based on my recent experience at this Hotel, I can't wait to come back.

CONS: I knew about all of these things prior to my trip because of reviews I read, but they would've be huge cons had I not known a head of time and PL doesn't tell you about these things when you book.

You pay 10.00/day to self-park
You pay 10.00/day for basic internet, or 12.95 for a "better" internet, although after purchasing, it still took 8hrs to download a movie and my FaceTime was very laggy.
The television was very strange...and fuzzy. We didn't worry too much about it though because we were gone from the room most of the time. I called the last night of our stay though, and they came and fixed it, and also gave us a free pay per view movie...very nice. The only complaint is that when I called the night person that answered was very defensive, saying "well why are you just now calling if the TV is fuzzy?" I think she thought I was going to demand/ask for money off the bill...after I explained it was no huge issue and I was calling the last night cause we were staying in that night, she was a bit nicer....I'm just glad it wasn't her that showed up to fix it.
There was no microwave in the room, we called and they said 20.00 to bring one up but they waived the fee. I don't know if it was 20/day or total. They also brought a corkscrew for our wine for free. Last thing, I don't recommend using the internet TV option they have, the TV was fuzzy and so was that. They were very nice when I called down and took the charge off the bill

PROS! The room was amazing! We were speechless when we opened the door. We had a King Deluxe with an Ocean view and balcony. Our flight arrived around 12, we got the car..stopped to eat and showed up at the Hyatt around 2 hoping to pay a fee to check-in early. They said no charge, they had rooms cleaned, and honored my request to face west. I asked to be in The Tower, and the clerk stated that by booking the room I did, I was automatically in a tower room...I know people were complaining that they may have gotten shoddy rooms for booking online. So book a room with a view....WELL WORTH IT! Our view was of the bay, the ocean, the bridge, and the Mission Bay roller-coaster...I know right?!

The room was cleaned very well, I have no complaints. I know some reviews said they expected more from the Hyatt...well, when you compare other hotels, like the one across the street from this one...Hyatt beats them hands down on cleanliness and maintenance. Think about what it takes to keep this place up and you should realize their doing a darn good job. The staff pressure washed the pool area every day I was there...phish, never seen that before! The maids were great, and the products they provide are brand-named and good. Loved the lotion. Just plan for the extra parking cost in the trip budget, internet if you need it, and have a great time...get pampered. We didn't eat at the Hyatt, but the leftover food that people left in the hall looked great...so I'll probably try it next time...it was just a tad expensive for me.

The beds were comfy/clean...and I'm the kind of freak that checks for bed bugs, Lol! I like a softer bed, my husband a firmer, and this was in the middle somewhere. The grounds were beautiful! They have beautiful fire-pits to make smores and private sitting areas surrounded by gorgeous plants/trees that you can draw the curtains on and relax. I felt very safe, which is another big concern I have when I choose a hotel. Elevators were quick and free from scary clanky noises, they always had one of the 4 elevators on the ground level ready to go! The water pressure in the shower was great, the towels were soft, and the soap was great. The room also had a safe, and the option to use the hotel safe in the lobby. I'm coming back in August for my honeymoon. This is the way to stay! Im sorry if my review is all over the place. I'm trying to think of all the questions I had before I booked. I also took lots of pictures of the room/view/bathroom that I wish I would've had to ease my mind about choosing this hotel..hope this helps! Feel free to ask any questions, I was very impressed! I have even more pics I didn't use. The reason I kept a star back was because we had to call for a microwave, the TV was fuzzy, and even though I knew ahead of time, parking and internet should be free when you consider the cost per night. Thanks for reading!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Shannon H
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here for a work conferrence in a standard room and then had the family come and join me in one of the suites. Here is my P&C list:
Pros:
-Great Service, you ask for a cork screw it is there in your room in seconds
-Decent location 15 minute walk to Mission Beach and Pacific Beach is 30 minutes
-Good pool facilities and grounds
Cons:
-Average rooms
-Eating options onsite are expensive
-$25 cab ride from San Diego proper

All told I would go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sailpunk
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Overall we were happy with our stay at the Hyatt Mission Bay hotel. However, one of the elevators was broke down a lot & they were super slow when they did work. Disasppointed there was no microwave in our room but there was a mini fridge. Our view from the balcony was awesome on the bay side. Although I read a lot of reviews saying the seal noise was terrible, we did not have this problem. Pools are nice & kids loved the slides! Red Marlin was good but expensive for what you get. The bagel & provisions store was delicious. $24 a day for parking is rediculous!! Kids loved the fire pit & roasting marshmellows. Very unique experience at a hotel. We would stay again.

Room Tip: Suites are nice!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our little early Spring getaway to San Diego wasn't as warm as we hoped it to be, but we had a great stay at this hotel. If you are traveling with kids make sure that you add the Regency Club in. Breakfast is great for the kids, there are great cookies and drinks and the service is really great. The Regency Club team make an effort to find out what you are planning to do and give you lots of helpful information, discounts and instructions on how to get there.
The Pool side restaurant is great for the kids and they have SMORES boxes for you so you can sit around the fire pit and smore to your hearts content.
On the downside the pool slides are only open from 11am - 5pm. Most of the day you are out exploring San Diego and all the great things it has to offer so you miss out on the fun in the pool. Check when you book as they may open the slides up earlier and later in Summer. The rooms too could do with a re-vamp and spruce up. They are getting a little worn. Parking is expensive too at $25 a day! This seemed to be a big them in San Diego!
Our last night saw a big party in the Penthouse suite above us, which we would have liked to be informed about. Otherwise - we would recommend this hotel to others with kids, it's very central, clean and the staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family