“Very Comforable Place to stay”

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay
Ranked #149 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Los Angeles, California
“Very Comforable Place to stay”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had business over the weekend in San Diego and stayed here for the night on Saturday. There were a bunch of weddings taking place and it was quite busy. The staff was very attentive from the front desk to the Valet. The rooms were comfortable and I had a room that overlooked the pool. It has a little balcony connected with is nice enough to fit 2 medium sized people. I got back from work at 3am and the staff was even helpful then as well, I needed a tooth brush and I had left something in my car (which was with the valet). At 3 in the morning they got everything i needed. I accidentally checked out late but they didn't rush me, or charge me a late fee. Overall I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher up room because the views are so nice!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Kendra S, Director of Quality Assurance at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear NickS09,

We greatly appreciate your lovely comments about your experience at our hotel, particularly the raving reviews about the service provided to you by our staff. We pride ourselves on providing authentic hospitality to each and every guest and I am delighted that this was precisely what you received. We do out best to accommodate the needs of our guests at all hours of the day or night so please do not hesitate to let us know if there is ever something we can do to make your stay more comfortable. We would love to welcome you back again soon for your next business trip in San Diego or, better yet, a relaxing vacation getaway. Either way, we hope to see you again soon!

Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (670)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We arrived after four pm, to find that our rooms were not available. In addition, as we were two separate parties traveling together, we had booked two rooms that adjoined. This was done several months in advance - however when we arrived we were told that not only were the rooms we were to be given not ready, they were not adjoining as well - in fact, they were in two separate buildings altogether. We were given an access card for the pool area whilst we waited for our rooms, and were told that we would be called when the rooms were available. At 6pm, we still hadn't received a phone call, so we inquired at reception and found that our rooms 'had just become available'. The bell/valet staff were very polite and efficient, and the hotel's proximity to Sea World is great. The pool area is very child friendly and the pool bar/restaurant has a good selection at reasonable prices. You will need a car to get to decent restaurants/shops outside the resort, though. I expected a bit more from the 'Hyatt' name here, and found that standards weren't really as high as they should have been. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the 'tower' block - the rooms are cleaner and more 'hotel' like...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Lucy K
Falmouth
Reviewed October 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 nights at this Hyatt. Stayed in one of the older sections, definitely select the main floor, not the second...first level had private outdoor space. Room was somewhat refurbished, however was quite musty and damp smelling. The pool area was nice and not crowded at all during the week. The best thing about this place is the staff, they are the best, always pleasant and most helpful. I will stay here again, but will try the tower building to avoid dampness..

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Falmouth2
Dear Falmouth2,

We appreciate the great feedback here on TripAdvisor. It is wonderful to hear what a positive impact our staff had on your experience at the hotel! Although I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I regret to hear that you found your room to have a slightly damp feel to it. I have informed out Director of Engineering and Director of Housekeeping and am confident they will do their best to ensure each of our Bay I and Bay II guestrooms is up to Hyatt standards. You mentioned trying out the Tower rooms on your next stay and I think you will truly love the spectacular views of Mission Bay, the Pacific Ocean and even downtown San Diego offered from these guestrooms. We hope to see you back again soon!

San Clemente, California
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We traveled to San Diego and were so delighted with our stay at the Mission Bay property. Our room was more like an apartment, it was HUGE! The location was near the pool, we had a front deck, porch with seats and we could sit there in the shade, drink wine and enjoy the landscaping. It looked more like Hawaii to me than CA. We were not in the high rise building, but on the ground level free standing building.
Parking was discounted to $10 a day because my husband was attending a medical conference while we were there. Breakfast was not served but there were several restaurants there.
This location was SO close to everything, the beach, the airport was 6 min. away. It was great and can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor free standing building- Bay Tower II. We loved the big front porch.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kendra S, Director of Quality Assurance at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear twarpula,

Thank you very much for your 'fantastic' review! It certainly sounds like you had a relaxing stay. We truly appreciate your great comments and also look forward to welcoming you back again very soon for another spectacular experience.

Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Reserved King Deluxe Room - Water View.
Arrived at the hotel - little more out of the way (from the city) then I thought. Exterior of the hotel was nice, pool area was beautiful. Greeted immediately by bell staff and valet (extremely pleasant and very helpful). Check in was speedy and again very friendly and helpful. That's where the good review ends to a point. The room was adequate (not in my mind a king deluxe). View from the room was ok - looking at a marina and the pool area which again was beautiful. The room itself is the reason for the pool rating: there was a couch in the room that was full of stains and dirt - didn't even take a chance of sitting on it. The pillows that were on the coach were even more stained to the point of disgusting! The bathroom was so small that you had to close the bathroom door to have access to the sink and the toilet. The whole appearance of the room was "worn and used". The only good thing I could say about this whole room experience was "Excellent water pressure in the shower". Would definately not return.

2 Thank Susan B
Kendra S, Director of Quality Assurance at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Susan B.,

First of all, Happy Anniversary. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback here on TripAdvisor as we carefully review all guest comments and reviews and use the feedback to make changes throughout the hotel as necessary. I am pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy some aspects of your stay, particularly the excellent service provided by our staff. I am disappointed to hear of your disatisfaction with the cleanliness of the couch and decorative pillows in your room as well as the size of the bathroom. Your comments have been shared w ith our Director of Housekeeping to ensure your comments are carefully reviewed with our housekeeping staff to ensure these type of issues are rememdied during room cleaning or promptly reported to management to be addressed. Again, I am sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations, but we would love another opportunity to show you a true Hyatt experience.

Travelers are raving about these San Diego hotels

San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We live in San Diego, and the wife and I had a surprise visit from my mother visiting from out of town... it was a little concerning except for she offered to watch the kids for a night... YES!!! Date night!

We wanted the best pool in San Diego... this one has 3 waterslides.... until someone installs a swimup bar.... I'm sold on this place.

The moment we walked in, pro service... Brittany hooked us up! It was our wife's birthday, and she was able to upgrade our room and send us up a bottle of wine precisely at 8pm.

We had lunch at the Red Marlin restaurant...(seriously the best burger I've ever had) a pina colada at the pool bar (not bad), and enjoyed the pool, waterslides and jacuzzi....

Everywhere we went, employees were warm and inviting. Our room got upgraded to the 15th floor suite on the west side... DO THIS. Unreal views of San Diego... and yeah, we live here and we were still amazed.

We spent around $230 and had an amazing night away, with amazing food and drink, valet parking, views, and comfort that we needed in our relationship :}

We look forward to doing it again!

Room Tip: 1520 - West side suites... higher is better, but they're all beautiful.
Dear Kyle H.,

It is simply wonderful to hear that your 'one night getaway' was all that you had hoped for and more! I'm delighted that our Front Desk Agent Brittany was able to take great care of you and I will be sure to share your lovely comments with her and her direct supervisor. The views are quite spectacular from the 15th floor, aren't they? I'm glad that your mother was able to watch the kids for you and your wife so that you had an opportunity to enjoy such a lovely evening. Hopefully she will be back again soon so that we can show you another great stay.

Winchester
Reviewed September 30, 2012

It's in a good spot - so long as you have your own car! - with lovely views over Mission Bay marina. The staff were also great - really helpful and friendly. The Red Marin restaurant was also very good.

However, the pool area is far too small for such a large hotel - on a couple of occasions, there was just no room at all for the 2 of us to sit out in the sun. And there were an awful lot of sunbeds out, all crammed together so you could hardly move between them - it looked totally different to the picture you see on their website!

It also really annoys me that I have to pay every day for internet access and parking - this added about $150 to the cost of my stay and is not made obvious from information supplied on the website. I don't see any justification for charging for internet access in this day and age.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kendra S, Director of Quality Assurance at Hyatt Regency Mission Bay, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear SueandDouglas,

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor. It is great to hear that you were pleased with the service provided by our staff as well as the great views offered at our hotel. In order to accommodate the number of guests in the pool area, we have added additional chaise lounge chairs to provide additional seating area. I have shared your comments with our Director of Guest Services to see if there is anything else we can do to enhance our pool area for our guests. Additionally, I wanted to suggest that you take a peek at the Special Offers page on our website. Here you will find different package options available and the Park and Surf package might be a nice option for you as it includes complimentary self-parking and complimentary internet in the room rate. Many of our guests have found this to be a great added value. Thanks again for your comments and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Best Regards,