“Great hotel”

Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Hotel Circle
Ranked #251 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was a great hotel.
1. Great view from walkway.
2, Nice / friendly staff
3. Easy to get on and off. (Just remember that the access road is two way)
4. Close to Sea World.
5. Comfortable beds.

Highly recommend.

Room Tip: NO restaurant, but several close. Pool is in back left corner. Hot tub was great.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 18, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
ruth b, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I came in on work and Howard Johnsons are usually quite good for the price. Not this one! The name got me in and the hotel will keep me out, for good. The bed was caving in, the internet did not work at all, the elevator is out of order??? On a 4 story property!! The staff was great but there is only so much they can do.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear sir/madam,I apologized for your uncomfortable stay.The things that was mention is unacceptable.I will see what improvements we can make to better our service to you our guest.Thank you for providing feedback.We want to understand what our guest are looking for so that we can make improvements in the near future.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 12, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
ruth b, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn San Diego Hotel Circle, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've been visiting San Diego on a yearly basis since I was young, this time around I was visiting for a job interview. Despite my protest my dad and I decided to try a new hotel (at least new to us). It was cheap and it wasn't exactly like I was going to be in the room much anyway. After one night, I knew immediately that this was going to be the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and that thought is still with me now. The location and the price are the only two good things I can say about the place. My room door never closed right, which made me on edge the entire trip. The bathroom light would kick on as soon as you entered your room and sometimes it would kick on at random times during the evening. The fan sounded sick the whole time and the light would blink at you, so when you were in the bathroom sometimes you were in the dark for a few seconds before it would be bright again for a few seconds and repeat. The shower didn't work. Which was horrible for me. I mean who would want a shower that doesn't work when you are staying in town for an interview? The lights in the main room were rather annoying. They would be on for 5 minutes and then they would turn off by themselves. So, you spent most of the time turning back on the lights. The television stations were non-existent. What I mean by that is you can get the station but if you actually want to watch it, good luck to you. The pool was freezing and the hot tub was even colder. They had a security guard located next to the pool who would make rounds all day. The noise was a problem. At one point I was worried that the police might have to get involved. And the breakfast? Practically non-existent. For people who eat healthy it is not even worth it to go to breakfast. Overall, the worst place I have ever stayed. Really, it was just horrible.

Room Tip: Don't even bother staying here.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2013

This hotel is old and need of a serious upgrade. The beds were lumpy and the sheets were scratchy.It has a very tired look to the rooms.The staff was nice and helpful.We paid for three rooms as we were there for my dads funeral so the price was right.The location was perfect for our needs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family