“what can I say, I love gelato!!”
Review of Pappalecco

Pappalecco
Ranked #4 of 151 Dessert in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown
Tucson, Arizona
“what can I say, I love gelato!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We arrived after 8 pm and checked into our hotel. Having had a late lunch in Avalon, Catalina Island, followed by a ferry ride and then an hour drive, all I really wanted was something cold and yummy. This lovely gelato restaurant was within an easy walk from the W hotel, so off we went. My husband likes food more then sweets, so was lucky, as the sandwiches here were fabulous. His panini was nicely cooked and served with a reduction of balsamic vinegar. This meal was truly just what we needed after hours of travel. The evening was delightful, so we were able to sit outside and enjoy the San Diego weather. We will be back!

• Visited June 2014

• Hebrew first
South Durham USA
“The place in San Diego to get your chocolate fix!”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This amazing little shop in Little Italy was a wonderful end to our amazing time in San Diego. The feature a wide assortment of freshly-made baked goodies as well as many flavors of wonderful gelato.

But if you need a chocolate fix, you need to order the Italian style hot chocolate. Picture a large coffee cup filled with a amazingly rich chocolate that has the consistency of a slightly thin pudding. Served warm.

Yeah.....it's that good!!

• Visited June 2014
Monterrey, Mexico
“Good ice cream”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

This is a place where you may find good ice cream after a nice dinner in Little Italy. They offer a fair variety of Italian ice cream and pastries. Service is efficient and friendly. You may sit inside or ouside.

Sykesville
“Wonderful quick bite steps from my hotel”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

Had a panini and a couple of almond cookies here for a quick dinner, and it was very good. Service was friendly, welcoming and quick. There is a view of the harbor down the street, and the gelatin is outstanding. I'll definitely be back next time I am in San Diego.

San Diego, California
“BEST GELATO EVER!”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Pappalecco has the best gelato. We are a regular (probably too much!). I usually get the dark chocolate because it is vegan/gluten free. They have some other V/GF flavors - lemon, blood orange, mixed berry and strawberry. I've had them all, and they are all divine.

They have updated their ice cream signs. You can read the flavors better now - AND they mark which flavors are vegan and/or gluten free. The staff are amazing, and will usually speak a little italian to you. The atmosphere is great. It makes you feel like you are in italy.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Pappalecco? Share your experiences!