WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #169 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Turlock, California
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights. Hotel was centrally located to the zoo and Seaworld. The first night we easily walked to Little Italy and then down to the waterfront. We made sure to get back before night time. The beds were very comfortable and we slept well. No freeway noise at all. Parking was interesting but we managed to park fine every night. The parking spaces look small but we parked with a mid size car just fine. The bathroom door was a sliding door without a lock and was not sound proof. If anything I would recommend a door with a lock. Other than that I would stay there again and would use Priceline again.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tim E, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your four night stay at the Four Points San Diego Downtown. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our central location in downtown San Diego and comfortable beds. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Tim Earp, General Manager 619-239-9600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
  • Korean first
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed here for the Rock N Roll San Diego Marathon. Location was great, within easy walking distance to Little Italy, Gas Lamp District, Convention Center and Balboa Park. Hotel staff went above and beyond to make my stay very welcoming from check in to special orders in the cafe. Room was spacious and updated. The bed was very comfortable and love the assortment of pillows. Overall a great experience and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tim E, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments and for your stay during the Rock N Roll San Diego Marathon. We are glad to hear our location, room and staff made your stay a great experience. We hope to see you again soon and for next year’s Rock N Roll Marathon!

Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel. It was centrally located, close to the Gas Lamp District and Balboa Park. The staff was very accommodating, even when we showed up 5 hours before check in time! They immediately searched for an open room and got us right in. The parking garage was well worth the $17 a day charge, even if it was pretty tight turns. One night when we came back the lot was full, but they put us in a hotel use only spot, no problem. Room was clean, room service was great. They brought us towels very quickly and every staff member we interacted with was super nice. I am smoker and they have a small area outside with chairs and tables for that use. We didn't use the pool, but saw lots of people using it. All in all, a great hotel with superb staff.

Room Tip: We asked for a floor high up so we could get a better view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having been to San Diego multiple times, I prefer to stay at the North end of town, near Little Italy. This hotel was in a bit of a weird location, near the highway entrance, but walking just a couple of blocks puts you right in the middle of Little Italy. The hotel building is older but it's been recently remodeled. For the price I paid, it was a good deal.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing us for your stay near Little Italy, as we know there are many options when traveling to San Diego. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Niagara
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

My husband, 20 month old daughter and I stayed here for 3 nights last week. It is a circular building which makes the rooms small and the parking horrific. The parking situation alone would make us not stay here again. It's a very hard lot to park in. The room was ok, a bit old and tired. I found a couple of hairs in the tub when we arrived which makes me wonder how well they clean the rooms between guests. And the first morning my daughter had a diaper leak, I removed the blanket she stained from the the bed. I put a note of apology on the blanket and explained what happened. That night when getting into bed I realized they put the dirty blanket back on the bed. Yuck.

The front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. One lady in particular went out of her way to help me with directions and give us bottles of water for my daughter.

The location isn't great for walking to the water and the gas lamp district. It's about a 20 minute walk. We knew this booking it, but I just wanted to mention it for others. I thought we'd be able to walk to balboa park but it was about a 35 min walk to the edge of the park, and not close to the museums. So we had to take the bus. Which was fairly easy and quite the experience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We regret to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Your feedback has been shared with the staff to ensure the issues are corrected. We hope to have the opportunity to earn back your patronage during your next family trip, and show you the high level of service we strive for with all our guests. Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss your stay further.

Albuquerque, NM
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I normally stay here for business as per my company's decision. I wanted to stay there as I like the location and front desk staff. They have free shuttle service to and from the airport. The van driver, Francisco, was wonderful to us. My husband suffered a stroke over a year ago and is still paralyzed on the right side, walks with a cane and has mobility issues. Francisco recognized me and I introduced my husband. Immediately Francisco assessed the situation and went out of his way to make sure he got into the van safely and asked my husband of what else he could do to assist him. He went out of his way for us our entire stay and made sure we were taken of. The front desk staff was also very nice, helpful and knowledgeable. We were given a handicap room with a large window and a great view of the city. The room was great. Clean, quiet, and easy for him to maneuver around safely. There is a small area near the lobby where you can order food to eat there or to go. They sell beer and wine which is nice as well. We ate breakfast and dinner there during our stay and were quite surprised how good the food was. Location is great. Walking distance to Little Italy and the Harbor. We had to use taxi service most of the time so location kept fares low. We really like this hotel. This was the first time my husband traveled since his stroke. This memorable occasion was a great experience thanks to the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Rooms across from elevators tend to be a bit noisy as in all hotels. Ask for a view of the harbor. I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tim E, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton San Diego Downtown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the kind comments and review of your stay. We are delighted to hear we were able to accommodate your needs and provide a memorable experience. The staff and I look forward to your future stays with us and look forward to helping you and your husband continue to build more great memories. If I may ever assist with future reservations please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had a great time at the Downtown San Diego Four Points! Beautiful room and views. Excellent service. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We booked our stay on priceline but due to unforeseen circumstances... flat tire in the middle of nowhere! we had to check-in a day later but couldn't be refunded. The manager made it up to us with discounts with our stay. Saved our vacation! We were given VIP passes to popular downtown restaurants when I asked about good food nearby. One night during our stay, we were so comfortable in our room that we ordered out and had the food delivered to our room! Great location too. We were minutes away from Sea World, the Zoo, and Chubasco 2 Fishing. Breakfast was good too, nothing fancy but honestly, we usually hit up local eats when we travel. Anyhow, I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your kind comments and for your stay at the Four Points San Diego Downtown. We always strive to exceed expectations with every stay, and are happy to hear we accomplished that goal during your vacation. We appreciate your business, as we know there are many options in San Diego, and will be happy to welcome you back again soon!