1,384 results
All reviews old town the shuttle driver the fashion valley mall free shuttle sea world mission valley great pool an older hotel pool area is pool and hot tub zoo seaworld downtown poolside california sd
Reviewed June 8, 2017 via mobile

Outdated. No elevators and despite two staff just chatting, no offer to help with carrying our bags up stairs. Shuttle has limited times & room on board. Hotel not close to much. Sliding door held on with tape, bath tap fell off & it smells damp/musty. Very disappointed with this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Lnico422
Kirk S, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Lnico422; Thanks for your candid comments regarding your stay. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations, nor ours. We are undergoing guest room renovations in the fall and I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Reviewed June 3, 2017

The Handlery Hotel is the place to stay in hotel circle. The price is right, always clean and centrally located to most of San Diego's attractions. I also should add the staff has always been friendly and very helpful.

Date of stay: June 2017
3  Thank Scott H
Kirk S, General Manager at Handlery Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear Scott H; Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your stay! We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

Once again my wife and I stayed at the Handlery Hotel San Diego's. As always Service was superb. They were able to accommodate us with the upgraded room at no extra charge. Just wanted to take the time to shout out to a few of those who made our stay great.
Teresa, Ben, Aubri, not to forget about Sandra the restaurant manager who made my birthday breakfast great. The general manager Kirk seems to always be on property and always available. Again thank you all for memorable stay.

Joe

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Hollywood1551 (Joe); I was so nice to see you here at the hotel again!! Thanks for stopping by!! I'll be sure to pass on your comments and thanks to Theresa, Ben , Aubri and Sandra!! Thanks for the nice comments and we look forward to seeing you and your wife back again soon!!

Reviewed May 31, 2017

This hotel is really old. The rooms need to be remodeled. We were upgraded to a King Superior room. Well, I would hate to see a regular room. Our room was small, with a TINY bathroom. We had a small patio with chairs and a table, which I guess made it superior to a non-patio room. The plumbing needs updating too - our toilet backed up twice during our two night stay.

The pool was nice and well maintained.

Customer service was great. Each problem was addressed and resolved quickly.

The on-site restaurant was very good. The food and service were top-notch. Breakfast and dinner were both excellent. Try the steak with garlic parmesan fries. There is also a very nice on-site bar.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear travelingm0m2008; Thanks for your review of the hotel. I am sorry for the inconveniences to you regarding the plumbing and the decor. We do appreciate your feedback and it was nice to hear that our staff did a great job and that you enjoyed to food!
We will be undergoing guest room renovations starting this fall so I hope you will give us another try when we complete the work in January of 2018.

Reviewed May 30, 2017

We had a special deal to stay here which discounted the rate and 50% off the $14 parking. We arrived at the check-in time of 3 PM to find that one of the two rooms was not ready. We had to wait 30 minutes or so to get the other room.
We were expecting a suite, but it was a standard sized hotel room with only one chair to sit at the small desk. The furniture was old and the walls were paper thin.
There was a dog yapping a couple of rooms down the hall.
We did not eat at the restaurant because the reviews were not good. It does have a nice pool area, which was about the only thing I liked. It's near the Fashion and Mission Malls, but you'd need to drive there.

Room tip: When they say they are giving you an upgrade, it probably means the same room, but upstairs with a balcony. The room is exactly the same.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear OCAndrew; Thanks for your comments and feedback on your stay with us. I am sorry your accommodations were not ready when you arrived. Please except my apologizes for any inconveniences to you. On a good note, we will be starting guest room renovations in the Fall and will have a whole new look. I hope you will give us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future!