Very surprised that I am writing a poor review of a Crowne Plaza chain, which has always been a preferred hotel for me and my partner whenever we travel. This branch seems to be poorly kept.
Room - we were staying in a pool view room, and it does get quite noisy. The airconditioning in the room seems to be busted. Although honestly we weren't able to say if it was due to the weather or the AC was really bad. We stayed right through the summer solstice, and after the solstice, the room was unbearable. We decided not to change as it was the last 2 nights. Bathroom ameneties could be improved. Not enough shampoo and conditioner and I keep asking/requesting housekeeping to replenish. (Doesn't help that my hair didn't seem to agree with the water in the US!)
Ice machine and vending machine at our floor. Lifts were sometimes wet as a lot of people who went swimming go to their rooms dripping wet.
WIFI is not free - even for Priority Club/IHG Members :(
Appreciate the vouchers we received for not having our rooms cleaned every night, which we used in their restaurant.
Loved their hotel bar/restaurant which served superb Japanese food. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly! Try the spam sushi (i forgot the name)
Neighboorhood was in the middle of nowhere. At least for me as I was not driving. My sightseeing was limited to the areas where they provided hotel shuttles.
Hotel offers trip to the following places:
1. Old Town
3. San Diego Zoo
4. Fashion Valley mall (where there's a train/metro that you can take to go elsewhere)
The shuttle drivers were very friendly, and having shuttle buses to the 3 areas were a great way for me to see some of San Diego. Call from the Fashion Valley mall for pickup to return to the hotel.
If you are not driving/no car, this hotel will be slightly inconvenient. But for those driving, it goes right out the main highway (I20? the big one, i forgot the name)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- San Diego Hotel Offers a Tropical Oasis Welcome to the San Diego Crowne Plaza Hotel located in the heart of Mission Valley. Our affordable luxury hotel is just minutes from the San Diego International Airport (SAN)and near many of Southern California's most popular attractions. Families lodging at our choice San Diego hotel can enjoy convenient access to many of California's best attractions, including the world-renowned San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park, Sea World and the gorgeous Pacific Ocean beaches. Our upscale hotel in San Diego, CA provides business travelers with quick access to many area businesses, such as the San Diego University of Integrative Studies, the University of San Diego, the UCSD Medical Center and the Scripps Mercy Hospital. Guests lodging at our luxurious San Diego accommodations can take advantage of our hotel's premium meeting facilities. With 26,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, endless room style arrangements and catering services available, our San Diego hotel can accommodate meetings and events of all sizes and types. During your stay at our hotel near the San Diego Zoo, you can relax in a tropical paradise. Lounge by the outdoor pool while listening to the soothing sounds of the outdoor waterfall, or enjoy fresh sushi at the Islands Sushi & Pupu Bar. Book your reservation today and see why our Crowne Plaza is among the finest San Diego hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, IHG, Ctrip TA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Mission Valley
- Crowne Plaza San Diego