“Church Weekend at the Crowne Plaza”

Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley
Ranked #164 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
San Diego, California
“Church Weekend at the Crowne Plaza”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was responsible to plan and organize a regional seniors weekend in San Diego for a weekend in June 2013. I and my team reviewed a dozen hotel venues in San Diego. We decided on the Crowne Plaza for a number of reasons. Their staff was the most welcoming and helpful and coupled with the ambiance of the facility we quickly became "sold" on choosing the Crowne Plaza as our choice for the hotel. Ultimately we had over 150 attendees from as far away as St. Louis and Seattle. Our experience was nothing short of extraordinary. Every need was wonderfully accommodated by the staff who were cooperative and very helpful in making our weekend a great success. The events manager was particularly helpful in arranging details that really made out plans and their execution virtually flawless. Without exception, all of our attendees continue to praise the event and specifically the hotel and the accommodations.

A.E. Musterer

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Guest S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear ALLAN M,

It was refreshing to read your review and have shared it with all of our staff! It was an honor to host your event as we enjoyed having the attendees stay with us. We look forward continuing to be your choice to stay either during an event or pleasure when visiting San Diego.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a quite luxurious property with multiple wings, large outdoor pool, a small convenience store and at least two restaurants on site. Special kudos to Thomas, on the front desk, who helped sort out a problem with my new iPad!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking pool/gardens have a lovely view, but could be noisey if there are lots of kids in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelNotTourism
Guest S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear TravelNotTourism,

Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to your return.

Bay Area, Ca
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here last weekend for a short 3 day visit to the zoo and safari park. This is a great hotel for the price and located in a convenient location. The room was nice and I was very surprised with the bathroom. Loved the double vanity and all of the counter space! The bed sheets are surprisingly crisp, almost like someone ironed them with starch. Our room had a courtyard view with a partial view of the pool. It was nice being able to hang out on our balcony without being on display for the people in the pool. The pool was okay although the beach towels are hand towel sized. It was nice being able to order snacks and drinks poolside. We went to the sushi bar on our first night there and that place was buzzing with energy! We got one of the last tables in the restaurant! We would definitely stay here again when we visit the San Diego area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank W_Phillips1
Dear W_Phillips1,

We are delighted that you enjoyed your time during your stay! We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Harwood, Maryland
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This was my first stay at this hotel. I was here for a 6 day business trip. This hotel was very beautifully decorated and well kept. The hotel staff was excellent without a doubt. Not a day went by that I didn’t receive a warm greeting from any of the staff especially the gentlemen who services the pool.
I do plan to stay here again for any future business trips and will be making plans to bring my wife here for our vacation.
Thank you for the great stay.

Green Features: For environmentally friendly practices the hotel offers a $5.00 certificate for each day that you pass on housekeeping services. They can be used for drinks and food. A great idea.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 4Pearl
Dear 4Pearl,

Wow! Thank you for the 5 star review. We look forward to keep providing you with excellent service and it’s an honor that you want to bring your wife on vacation stay with us. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return!

arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a great hotel. It was very accommodating and pet friendly. The hotel was clean and nice with a tropical feel. It was family friendly,too. Washers and drivers provided also a shuttle to various attraractions.

Room Tip: Washers and dryers available. It would have been nice to have a microwave and fridge.
Green Features: This hotel was very green. Water flow was monitored and turned off at night on waterfalls at night. Sheets and towels changed at guests discretion.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank teachin-n-az
Long Beach, California
Reviewed June 30, 2013

at first, I did not believed of what booking .com says in their review. still booked this hotel because of my priority club. I booked 10 days but unfortunately, I had a bad experience with the morning shift manager Michelle, who happened to be rude and not very helpful, did not even listed to what I wanted to say. so after 2 nites of stay, we moved another hotel nearby.dont want to give any business at all.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Guest S, Front Desk Supervisor at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear robertmaryann,

I would like to first say that I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Allow me to apologize for any inconvenience I may have caused. I am always here to help all guests with any issues that they may have, with the goal to provide exceptional customer service at all times. I am sorry that we had a misunderstanding which caused your discomfort staying at our property. I do hope that you accept my apologies and decide to stay with us again.

Michelle
Front Desk Supervisor
Sonoma, California
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The property is mature and lush and there are so many of nature’s creatures that are living at Casa Crowne Plaza. As a Stewart of the Land, I grow most of my food, I was amazed by the beautiful grounds at the hotel. I love everything about the property. The lady bugs, and bumble bees too. The Lava Rock fish ponds and fountains, along with the private sitting areas are serene and inspirational. I love all the colorful Tiki poles, the outrigger canoes, wood cravings and art which are tastefully scattered throughout the property. The final touch for me was the Jesuit Mission lamps surrounding the pool area.
I enjoyed every meal at the hotel. The food is fresh, creative, delicious and well presented. The wait-staff were professional and delightful to be around.
My room was a pleasant surprise. The room was well appointed. And the sheets and pillows were so soft and clean. I slept like a baby! I absolutely love the high end soaps and lotions, and the shower water pressure was great!

Green Features: VERY GREEN,,,, amazingly creative grounds; designs.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Guest S, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel San Diego - Mission Valley, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear SonomaJoJo,

We're thrilled to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations! Thank you for your patronage.