“Hampton”

Ranked #33 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Sandy, United States
“Hampton”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This hotel is very nice. The only negative would be that there are no close eating places in walking distance other than the hotel next to it. The work out room is well equipped. The complimentary breakfast has a wide variety to choose from in the morning.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Southern California
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I initially choose this hotel due to is close proximity to the San Diego Zoo & Sea World and boy am I glad that I did!!! This trip could have been a disaster ...
First off my GPS was acting up and wouldn't locate the hotel after a long hot day walking around the Zoo with a 5 year old. I called the hotel and they expertly navigated us right there.

Check-in was a breeze and they didn't even bat an eye when I requested 5 extra large pool towels.They offer complementary water, lemonade, tea or coffee in the lobby which I feel is amazing upon arrival after driving from your location.
The room was great & well appointed. The requested towels were waiting there when we returned from retrieving our bags from the car. I was really impressed that they were there so quick. The pool is heated and super clean, the only down side is that there is no hot-tub. (I absolutely love hot-tubs). Our room was a King with a sleeper sofa. The king bed was so comfortable that I could have stayed in bed all day was it not for the 5 year old reminding me we were going to Sea World that morning.
The free breakfast was a huge spread with eggs, potatoes, waffles, toast, pastries, oatmeal, fresh fruit, yogurt, cold cereal, coffee, teal, hot chocolate, juice ect...
The staff were very accommodating assisting with us with suggestions for local dining for dinner and the quickest route to Sea World. They were absolutely on top of it with both suggestions.

When we were at Sea World I realized that I had forgotten my cellphone charger in the room. I called the hotel to have them check and they assured me that it was found and even offered to mail it to my home. I declined and requested to pick it up on our way home that evening, the desk staff assured me that it would be waiting for me whenever I arrived. Needless to say after another long hot day of romping around another beautiful San Diego attraction, I arrived at the hotel to pick up my forgotten items. As promised they were waiting for me at the front desk. The desk clerk even apologized that I had been kept waiting while another guest checked in. Even though I was not staying another night I was offered the complimentary lemonade or water. Such a nice touch.

Thank-You Hampton Inn - Kearny Mesa we will be back again. Soon I hope!!!

1 Thank chelie
Fresno, California
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We choose this hotel due to the reasonable price/night over other hotels we found in TA. Did we found a gem in SD. The room was small but very clean, though we've chosen a room without a bath tub, we wish there was a 2 queen beds which could have been much comfortable. Pros: A very good american breakfast, heated pool, a well lighted carpark, and very close to all SD attractions.

• Stayed April 2014
HELENA
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I thought the rooms were very comfortable and clean. The heating/ac worked perfectly and the rooms were very quiet. I did have a problem with my window not closing without a lot of force and my they didn't restock my room with coffee, shampoo, or lotion once when they cleaned. The breakfast was so-so, but all in all the hotel was great and I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Los Angeles
Reviewed April 20, 2014

My friends and I stayed here for a night. The hotel is very close to the exit and entrance of freeway and accessible to all the attractions in San Diego if you are driving. This hotel has free self-parking, which is a big plus for us because we did not want to spend extra money just to park. The room is simple and clean with enough amenities. The best part is the breakfast (included), which is not just a cheap continental breakfast. They serve fruits, toasts, bagels, yogurt, eggs and sausages. They also have a nice pool and workout room. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Calgary
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Large room with large bathroom. 2 beds, 1 table and a large flat screen tv. Fridge in closet. Beds were a little small for my husband and I. Great breakfast in the morning, waffles with bacon. Accidently washed my clothes twice and ran out of quarters, man at the front desk gave me extras so I could finish my laundry. Was always greated by the staff who was at the front desk. Overall, very pleased with the hotel and would stay again.

Room Tip: had a room on the second floor, didnt hear much noise from people walking inside the hotel or outsid...