“I'll Return”

Ranked #35 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Lone Tree, Colorado
“I'll Return”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Loved it. A friendly welcome, good service and no charge for breakfast. Spent two nights here on a business trip to Santee. Great location for me. Easy on/off 163. The room was very quiet and clean. I enjoy some fruit, yogurt, juice, and some coffee for breakfast which was free here. Across the street the street at the Courtyard San Diego Central they charge for everything including $16.00 for breakfast. I'm a Marriott fan, but will stay at this Hampton Inn when I return in about a month. The front desk was thoughtful enough to give us a list of all the nearby restaurants, which are plenty, and the Courtyard never even suggested a place. Stayed on the 5th floor facing west, above the pool and it was very quiet. Price with AAA was about $135/night. Great place for your business or personal trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

this is the best hotel in the general area which was near the medical facility we need to visit. I was not disappointed but didn't have unreasonable expectations either. It was clean and the breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Alexandria
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Hampton inn for a week, rooms very clean and beds comfortable a mini fridge in the room too, breakfast was really good with make it yourself waffle maker :) having coin washing machines was really helpful too.
I would reccomen his hotel for a comfortable stay in San Diego .

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mouzuoo
Long Beach, CA, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a problem getting a functioning room key card, and had to wait in line to check-in and then to resolve this issue, as only one person was attending the front desk at 5:30 pm on a Friday evening. We had a similar problem checking out. At approximately 10:20 on Sunday morning, there was nobody at the front desk. After waiting a few minutes, I left my keys at the counter, as did a few other people who were attempting to check out. Otherwise, this hotel is fine. It is in a convenient location to freeways and San Diego, and it is clean with ample parking

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

San Diego, California
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This place is great. For many reasons, I wasn't able to go home after I had ACL reconstruction. Decided to stay here for the 1st couple days of recovery and couldn't have be happier. The awesome staff was very helpful when they saw how miserable I was from surgery (not from the stay here) and were very accommodating to my needs. The complimentary breakfast was great and plentiful. Even though I only live about a mile from here, if I ever needed too, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Mesa, United States
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Pefect location and price. We were 15 minutes away from La Jolla and Seaworld. Great gluten free pizza restaurant only a mile away from hotel. The complimentary breakfast was a great way to start our morning without needing to rush off.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I were travelling the west coast on a vacation trip from Argentina. A bit dissapointed since the National Parks were closed due to the government shutdown. Either way, we chose to stay in the Kearny Mesa Hampton Inn on our stay in San Diego because the excellent reviews in tripadvisor. And good we did! Not only Hampton Inn is always a step beyond all the rest of the hotel chains, but this time, two days after checking out, my wife found out she left a denim jacket in our room. It took only a call to the Hotel where Myrna picked up the phone, located my wife's jacket and sent It overnight to Las Vegas where the jacket was waiting for us in our room at no extra cost.
Excellent work, Myrna and Hampton!
Our gratitude and best regards!

Diego & Victoria