“Nice Property”

Ranked #32 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Pasadena, California
“Nice Property”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night on business. This is actually the second time I have stayed there. The property is fairly new and in very good shape. It's on the outskirts of San Diego but still convenient. It would be a value option for families visiting the city.

The property has a pool, gym, somewhat of a business center by the front desk and the usual basic breakfast in the morning. The gym looked fairly nice for a small property. Parking is free and plentiful and there are a lot of food options close by, although really walking distance unles you are in the mood to walk. The property is just off a very busy street, which is where the food options are, and close the the fwy. There is also a small refrigerator in the closet, which would be convenient for families.

The only issue I had was the wireless access in the room was anythig but high speed, so if you need to be online to get work done you might want to ask about that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank cabjohnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Turkish first
Placentia, CA
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We have stayed at many different hotels. Some very expensive and some not so expensive. This is the cleanest room we have EVER stayed in! The bed is extremely comfortable. My husband was in San Diego to take a class for preparation of a huge test he has to take. The room was quiet, the staff was courteous and helpful. The breakfast was AWESOME!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Clalire H
santa barbara
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at the Hampton Inn while on business. Vi was very impressed by the service, the cleanliness of the room and the hotel in general. Rooms are fairly new. Gym 24 hours a day, free wireless, breakfast was included and free parking!

It was very refreshing to stay here. There are so many 'business' hotels that are just old and tired from big brands that it is usually hit and miss, especially with the ones that are half way re,idled with new furniture by the rest of the rom is very old construction. Not here. You will be pleasantly surprised. Mellowing forward to my next stay here.

If you are staying in SD, try Azuki sushi while you're down there. Very good too!

Stayed April 2012
Beaverton
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I usually do not stay at Hampton Inns when reserving the Hilton Brand... however, they had such a good deal, and pretty good reviews, I gave it a chance.

The bed was very comfy,
staff accommodating,
relatively quiet room (for facing freeway and being close to a Harley dealer)

I cannot review the breakfast because I did not wake in time (I am also on a allergen free diet)
I cannot review the pool since I did not use it (time constraints)

CONS:
Treadmills (fuse issue??) were inoperative during the stay (thank God they had elliptical machines)
remote turned out to be inoperative and needed replacing....

For me those two things were MINOR cons....

hence why they still got a 5/5

also it seems like there had been some Renovation work done?
the newer fan ;)

SIDE NOTE
I have this weird "phobia" regarding vents(AC/ventilation) and fans... I DO NOT like them too close to my head or "wide open" close to me...

I have stayed in hotels where they are smack dab over the shower or sink (the big ol AC intake styles) Nothin like having your hair sucked up!

This fan was quiet...(literally whisper quiet) and right at the bathroom entry and had its own switch (peeve of mine - one switch for fan AND light)

Room Tip: Lower numbered rooms are closer to freeway --- that being said if you are a light sleeper ask to see...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed 3 nights.

Good location near a freeway, restaurants, & shopping. While here we drove to many San Diego locations in relatively short times.

The hotel was clean & seemed fairly new...so the reviews about renovations are a bit mystifying.

I loved the fish in the tank, the size of the gym, the quality & size of the flat screen TV, oatmeal & granola for breakfast, the pool, & the laundry.

1 Thank jsaul
Salt Lake City, UT
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This is a great hotel. Curteous staff and great breakfast. I stayed here with my two youngest children on a trip to Seaworld and the Wild Animal Park. Seaworld is about at 10 minute drive away and the Wild Animal Park is about 25 minutes and I found it refreshing to be away from the crowds. Their beds are full-sized so take note of that if you are traveling with adults or teens. But as for us, they were perfect. The beds were comfy and clean and we slept very well. We are Hampton junkies so you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: 2nd floor and up!
2 Thank ilovetotravel1995
Cedar Park, Texas
Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was an excellent hotel for families exploring the San Diego area. Check in was prompt and the room was comfortable for a family of four. The hotel is in a great location, right off the highway surrounded by restaurant, grocery stores and other small shops. There was also plenty of free parking.

All of the hotel staff that I encountered were friendly and made sure that we had everything that we needed. While the bed was a little too soft for me, it was perfect for the other members of my family. The bathroom was spacious and the shower amazing. The water pressure was just the way I like it. The only frustration with the room is the lack of electrical outlets bedside. It made it difficult for me to charge my cell phone and lay in bed which is something that I like to do.

The breakfast was also good. I was glad to see that there was a different hot offering daily. I received a thank you postcard from the owners which added a nice touch to round out our stay.