1,704 results
All reviews pf changs indoor pool la jolla evening reception mall across the street koi pond made to order breakfast free happy hour parking garage complimentary breakfast the sofa bed no elevator the breakfast area per day business center room key family vacation
Reviewed July 29, 2016

The location is decent though the actual drive entrance/exit isn't great. The parking ramp is tight but doable. The hotel lobby is quite nice and the front desk staff very professional. The breakfast staff was better than the average Embassy Suites, but the food was the standard fair (not terrible but not good either). The room was pretty nice and while the furniture seemed dated and mismatched, at least it appeared stain free (something most Embassy Suites we've stayed at seem to have a problem with). The gift shop is tiny (more a gift closet than shop) and not separately staffed (pay at the nearby front desk). The atrium was much better than average, but during our stay the koi ponds seemed to be being worked on about 50% of the time.

• Stayed: April 2016, traveled with family
SANLJ, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2016

Dear MastiffMike,

Thank you for being our guest and I and we really appreciate your time in congratulating the hotel and pointing us in the direction of areas of opportunity.

We are indeed very proud of our hotel and our promise to ensure everything is perfectly clean. This coming October does start our soft furnishings in the guest suite refresh that will include all seating and that this designer has made choices that perhaps blend a little better throughout the suite.

Our Koi environment is very important to us and I am sorry that it seemed they were working on it a little too often. This past year we have had the pleasure of one of the local Koi Society members who rescue Koi in and around the county attend to our environment this coupled with our very own Greg (in engineering) make sure our Koi are perfectly happy and healthy.

Looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 29, 2016

We have stayed at this hotel before and of course the breakfast that they provide is always fantastic. We reserved 2 rooms, they told me one room was ready and the other room was still in the process of being cleaned. When we got to our first room it seemed much smaller than the rooms we had stayed in at this hotel previously. One of the reasons we like this hotel is for the spacious rooms. To say the least my wife was quite upset about it. So I went down to the front desk and asked one of the girls at the desk if this could be fixed, she looked at me and said no sorry. Then another gal that was working the front desk overheard us and came over and said hold on a second and let's take a look. Her name was Jennifer Vaughan ( I specifically asked for her last name because I was so impressed) and I was very impressed with her can do attitude. We sat there for a few minutes as Jennifer was working on the computer trying to solve the problem. Sure enough within 10 minutes she had solved the problem. Not only did she get us in better rooms, but both rooms were already cleaned and ready for us immediately. I was dreading having to go back up to our room and tell my wife there was no solution. Jennifer saved the day! I have to tell you, I own a business and I have hundreds of employees, so customer service is extremely important to me wherever I go. Not only did Jennifer have excellent customer service( which is very very important for the success of a business) but she had a can do attitude which is equally important for the success of a business. Having problem solving skills is a rare talent and when I find an employee like Jennifer I put them on the fast track to management. Had it not been for Jennifer stepping in and taking over as I was talking to the other gal at the front desk, I can assure this review would be very very different. I have to give kudos to the manager of this Embassy Suites for being able to see talent and hiring Jennifer!

Stayed: July 2016
1  Thank Raymond J

Dear Raymond J,

I am delighted and excited that our team, specifically Jennifer V, made your excellent experience into an exceptional experience. She has been personally thanked and congratulated and that your review has been shared with the entire team.

We and I appreciate you being our guest and I appreciate my colleagues for the most fantastic delivery of service and experience they deliver everyday.

Cheers to you and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 28, 2016 via mobile

My sister's family, my parents and our family shared 2 adjoining rooms. The rooms were spacious and each had two doubles and pull out couch. The breakfast (6-9 am) is awesome-- I love a place that has omelets. The rooms were very clean except for some hair from previous guests in the bathtub in both rooms-- yuck! The regular room rate is quite pricey, nearly $300 a night, parking NOT included. FYI-- if you're traveling with little kids, the tubs do not have stoppers so showers only. But the kids did enjoy the indoor pool and especially getting up at 8 am to help feed the koi fish.

We ate dinner in the hotel restaurant both nights. The prices were typical for any restaurant. I had the griddled cheese sandwich and it was delicious! They also had a bar, multiple places to sit and enjoy your meal and a kids menu. The server on the second night charged us a 22% tip because we were a large party. Only 6 of us ate, my 5 year old niece is autistic and doesn't eat off a restaurant menu. The day before we had an extra person and we were not charged the extra 22% and the service was much better, so that was annoying...22%, since when? The staff is really nice for sure, but I feel we should have been told at the beginning of our meal and 22% is a lot for basic service.

The hotel is also in a good location, across the street from a mall and lots of restaurants.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family

Dear Anna S,

Thank you for being our guest and thank you for your gracious review and commentary. We failed in your recent stay and I am terribly sorry and have investigated and shared your comments with my colleagues.

I must admit that I was unsure on the process for parties but in asking it seems that the team have been informed that parties of six guests or more do impose the service charge as you mentioned, however during the time you were here we had temporary menus which do not show or reference this, I apologise sincerely for this as I do regarding my colleagues including your young niece in the party of six. Thanks to you we are now able to fully determine and discuss these opportunities moving onwards.

Hoping very much you will allow us to see you again and welcome the Anna S party back.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

enjoyable visit. Typical Embassy Suites, which is a good thing. Suite was what I would expect except that the TVs were larger than I expected (great bonus). Morning breakfast was a full breakfast and you could have eggs cooked as you order, bacon, sausage, fruit, pan cakes, juices, coffee, etc. Evening reception had free well drinks in a comfortable setting. Ate at bar/restaurant one night and the food was good. Parking was extra but convenient. The only somewhat negative comment I would make is about the kids. I stayed on a weekend and it seemed that every parent within 100 miles brought their family to stay and then shoved the kids out the door. Kids being what there are found other kids also out the door and pretty soon you had a pack of kids roaming the halls. Unfortunately the halls open onto the atrium, so there were multiple groups on various floors talking loudly to each other. However, in their defense, kids are what they are. However, if you stay on a weekend you should be aware of this and the fact that you need to eat your breakfast early. Otherwise you might have a 45 minute wait in line to get eggs the way you want them. The hotel has helped on this by providing, in its rooms, an estimate of wait times both during the week and on weekends and has also provided a fast was around if you want scrambled eggs rather the eggs cooked to order. Overall an excellent property.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear William M,

Thank you for being our guest, I truly appreciate you and your lovely commentary on your recent stay. The new TV's are fabulous and 49" LCD's in both living room and bedroom, really lovely.

We are rather popular during the summer months with families, as you mentioned, our evening team certainly prepare wearing flat shoes and making sure their fitbit is charged and ready. I apologise for the inconvenience caused by large numbers of children but we certainly try to give our younger guests a place to go whether that be the pool of the Fun Zone each and every evening during the summer.

Thank you again and looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed July 28, 2016

Beautifully appointed hotel with suites that have every amenity - from a full service bar to a mini fridge, room safe, in-room coffee or tea. A fine staff to attend to your every need. It seems closer to a luxury hotel than an Embassy Suites - for this reason, an excellent value.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Andrea G,

I am so delighted that your recent stay was filled with wonderful accommodations and we certainly have the Embassy Suites Brand, our owners, and perhaps more importantly the amazing team to thank for delivering this experience.

Looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.