“I'll stay there again.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla
Ranked #50 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 26, 2008

I've ready the other reviews. I'll be back. Clean, quiet, easy access to several freeways. The only downside are the too-low-wattage
compact fluorescent bulbs. It just wasn't bright enough for my 55-year-old eyes.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed December 12, 2008

We are regular ES customers, but the first time at this property. Easy, courteous check-in with ample garage parking minus the $17 a day fee.

The King room had large flat panel in living room, but the room was slightly smaller than most other ES we stayed and it lacked the wetbar feature, but stiil had a granite top sink, fridge and micro.

Bedroom was very clean, and had a down comforter. The TV was not a flat panel, but who comes to such a beautiful city to watch tv in the room?

Overall stay was near perfect, the made to order breakfast was very good, as they even had a large assortment of fruit.

• Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Judging by the other reviews of this hotel, it seems my wonderful experience was only one of many. I took my boyfriend here for his birthday (a kind of "stay-cation" if you will) for one night. I booked the room online through Embassy Suites' website and chose to purchase the "Romance package" in addition. The package included a bottle of champagne and a small box of See's candy. (I think it also came with robes and slippers, but I can't remember if that was standard or if it came with the package.) The price might seem a little high, but it was totally worth it. The boyfriend had no idea about the "romance" part and I wanted to keep it a surprise. I wrote special instructions when I made the reservation that I wanted the champagne already set up in the room when we arrived. Check-in was a breeze...the front desk clerk was very courteous and informative (those kind of manners seem to be almost non-existent these days) and told us about a complimentary happy hour in the lobby. They offered mixed drinks, wine, and beer, as much as you could drink from 5-7. We had a couple drinks and watched some football in the gorgeous atrium-like lobby. The room we were assigned was on the top floor, in the corner. It was immaculate and the view was incredible. Best of all, the champagne was on fresh ice and the chocolate and robes were all laid out. My boyfriend was so surprised he was almost in tears. I was ecstatic! I took him to dinner at The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant in La Jolla, and we asked the valet guys to call us a cab. They offered to take us in their own hotel shuttle for free and even picked us up when we called after our meal! The pool was great, the spa stays open until midnight, and the sauna is exceptional. We DEFINITELY want to go back and can't say enough positive things about Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mishabisha
Reviewed October 18, 2008

My family of 6 stayed at the Embassy Suites from Oct. 9-12. We totally enjoyed our stay there. The atrium was beautiful and we really liked the way all the rooms opened to it. The rooms were very clean definitely enough room for the 6 of us. Thought the setup was a little different since the bathroom was between the living room and the bedroom. Would have preferred having a door to the bedroom that would separate it from the bathroom and the living area instead of it being right after the living room.

I had checked Trip Advisor before I went so was aware about the $17/day parking but also knew about the tip about parking on the street which we did every night we were there. There is definitely a lot of parking on the street by the entrance to the hotel and it is a very short walk to the entrance. And it was safe and also free!

The front desk was very pleasant and helpful. We called ahead and was able to check in early so we could drop off our bags on our way to Sea World. Check-in was a breeze. The rooms were always clean and housekeeping was very quick when we asked for more towels and blankets. The indoor pool was a great plus and it helped that it closes at midnight after long days at the parks. When we asked about a Mexican restaurant, the concierge was very helpful and informative and he even had a card with printed directions to get to Old Town San Diego. It is a very short drive to Sea World and the San Diego Airport and even Legoland (30 minutes) since it is all on the highway.

The breakfast was a great way to starting off the day. The omelets were delicious and the fresh fruits and such a variety of stuff to choose from was a much appreciated bonus of staying at the Embassy Suites. We all (kids included) loved, loved, loved the potatoes that they make there. And being able to bring it back to our room made it easier for our family since we have a couple of early risers and some late sleepers.

The next time we are in the San Diego area, we will definitely stay at the Embassy Suites in La Jolla. It is close to the parks and La Jolla is such a nice area to stay in. There is a Trader Joe's and a Ralph's nearby and other food places to eat at in the area. As you can see we really enjoyed our stay. There was a business center with 3 computers and printers where you can access your email. The kids loved the 4 glass elevators and the koi ponds in the atrium. If you need to do laundry there you can use their washer/dryer for free which helped when travelling with a family of 6. It was a great hotel to finish off our vacation with.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank GT808
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I have stayed in many Embassy Suites properties around the country and I must say this is one of the best. Great location and service! The king suite room was very nice in all respects and everything functioned properly. Every staff member I spoke to was very helpful and respectful - front desk personnel were some of the best - very knowledgeable in all respects.

The morning breakfast and the afternoon managers reception were both great. Nice decor throughout the hotel. The hotel restaurant has a limited menue, but the one night we ate there was very good. Lots of other restaurants nearby and a PF Changs right next door which was wonderful.

My only ding against this property is the rediculous $17 parking fee in their garage. I can see no justification for that amount, but I was aware of it going in and it wasn't a deal breaker for me. This is the only Embassy Suites I've been to with an actual parking garage - guess they're trying to pay it off quickly. Other than that issue this is a great property and one of the best I've ever stayed at around the country.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2008

excellent room, big, clean and very confortable.
good breakfast included.
complimentary drink every afternoon. good business center.
US$17 parking fee.
Good location....far from the beach , but very accesible to all main san diego attractions.
Ideal for families with kids

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2008

We were booking late and found a good deal on a hotel in La Jolla, which turned out to be the Embassy Suites. We were afraid that the hotel would be less frendly and less willing to accomodate us because we booked on hotwire, but we never experienced that. I'd definately book through hotwire again just because of all the money we saved.

Anyway, the hotel itself was pretty nice - about what you'd expect from Embassy Suites. Rooms were clean, big LCD TV in the living room, no complaints there. Also, the continental breakfast was EXCELLENT. The only problem was it was packed. We had to wait in line for twenty minutes before we got to it. Then, the hotel ran out of trays so we had to wait for those. The hotel was completely booked during our stay and it was overrun with families, which isn't bad unless you don't like kids. Also, two of the four elevators broke on the second day which was an absolute disaster. One time i waited ten minutes to go down and get some eggs. I got down there, waited in line for another twenty minutes, then waited another ten minutes for an elevator to go back to my room. The whole ordeal took like 40 minutes on a morning we were trying to get going early.

Overall, though, I'd definately reccomend the Embassy Suites La Jolla, especially to families looking for a great beach getaway.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family