Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bangalore
“Good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Embassy Suites San Diego is a favorite of my friend and colleague . It is conveniently located from my workplace and also adjacent to the Westfield UTC Mall. The rooms are large and nice and there is a study area as well.

The morning buffet breakfast is quite convenient, though during peak hours, it is difficult to get service. It seems to be a favorite of families as opposed to business travellers

I have now stayed in 4 different hotels in La Jolla San Deigo and this will be the one I would prefer in my subsequent visit

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear anirmukerji,

To hear that we will be seeing you again very shortly is brilliant news. We very much appreciate you being our guest and hearing of your experience. I am dedicated to ensure that your next stay will be a fantastic stay and have (as all commentary) passed along this to all departments.

Our summer occupancies are certainly a little different to this time of the year which certainly can challenge our breakfast experience, although we offer a buffet and additional seating to try and assist each and every guest.

Thank you again.

Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Santa Clarita, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room is very nice and services are excellent. We really enjoyed the free breakfast. The only negative is waiting for the elevators in the morning. We had to used the staircases to avoid the long line.

Room Tip: Stay in the lower floor. The elevator is very slow and busy during breafast hours.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear lekhoi_2000,

Fantastic hearing that your thoroughly enjoyed your stay here recently and that our complimentary breakfast and other legendary amenities were brilliant.

Sorry for the inconvenience your experienced with the elevators due to large activity especially during breakfast.

Again thank you for being our guest and looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you back.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel, staff was friendly and sweet. We checked in early at 12:30 and they had a room available. The reception was great even had mixed drinks for those that like that! Breakfast was delicious too. As you know most Embassy suites pools & spas are indoor, however this hotels spas is out side with recliners!! Defiantly will come here again!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear MHSR,

Best news I have heard, the hotel team friendly and sweet, thank you. This remark/comment is one that I enjoy the most as without fabulous people/colleagues we are merely a hotel, thank you.

We will continue to deliver excellence and never take anyone for granted, both our guest and our colleague.

Cheers and we look forward to your next visit.

Emeryville, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Early in August I traveled with my family to La Jolla, California for a friend’s daughter’s Bat Mitzvah. Five minutes from the Beth Israel Synagogue we stayed at the Embassy Suites. Convenience and large suite were the determining factors to choose this hotel. Traveling with our teenage daughter, space, comfort, and privacy was important for all of us. Getting ready for a special occasion was also important for us women to have plenty of mirrors, outlets and lots of space. It was perfect! Complimentary full breakfast was part of our rate and the dining area was packed - I have never seen breakfast be so popular. Standing in line for my eggs-white only spinach omelet, I was asked for my room key, which I didn’t had on me. For a instant I thought, “I am not going to be serve” but I promptly gave my room number and last name on the reservation. I further explained that I was not aware of such requirement. I looked behind me, and every guest on line had their keys on hand. The lady standing directly behind me, from Arizona has stayed at the Embassy Suites earlier this summer and she said, this was new for her, too. I was handed my breakfast and met my family at our table.

So I am wondering if this is a security issues (not serving those that are not hotel guests) or a loss prevention measure (it was buffet style so how can they limit servings per guest), or worst, a thing to expect from all hotels???

Room Tip: Hotel is centrally located, 2 blocks from the Jewish Synagogue, and I-805 freeway, and within walkin...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear InspiringTraveler,

I am delighted that you and your friends and family had a terrific time during your recent stay here in San Diego-La Jolla, and that our accommodations were spacious and very convenient.

Our breakfast being cooked to order and complimentary is indeed rather popular. Most Embassy Suites during breakfast either offer a voucher/token to present and some have a host that will request the guest key or name and suite number, due to our summer volume and the popularity we chose to request our guest key whilst ordering their omelette, so that our team can ensure plentiful food and a clean environment for all to enjoy.

I am happy to hear that this did not cause too much inconvenience but certainly apologise for this.

We hope that we have the privilege and pleasure of welcoming you back when your travel plans bring you back to San Diego-La Jolla.

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice, some dirty carpets and furniture, poor pull out sofa. Comfy bed. Overall beautiful hotel, great location across from mall. Spacious rooms, great full breakfast! Car rental agency right in hotel, very convenient.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Lovehvar,

Thank you Thank you for being our guest, we appreciate you and thank you for allowing us to understand some areas of opportunity. Delighted that you found the hotel lovely, bed comfortable, great breakfast, and very spacious suites. I must apologise for the condition of your suite and I have passed on to my colleagues in the Suite Keeping department to ensure we correct your suites challenges (found your reservation from City your profile states).

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you, your friends, and family back to San Diego-La Jolla.

Benicia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

The best value for such a get away hotel. Next best place from home. For a hotel that provides full service that includes the breakfast really takes away alot of that extra over head costs that always seem to be a challenge on one budget. The cleanness of the hotel and especially the room was great. Never thought about the word Suite in the name of the Hotel and now it has clearly transparent as to the meaning. The meaning that all the rooms have a suite attached to the room. Really an other reason why this will be our first choice for my wife and when traveling.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

LaJolla-ES-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Mel J,

Delighted, delighted, and thank you for being our guest, our suites are quite brilliant with the space and additional comforts for everyone to enjoy. We really look forward to the next time your travel plans bring you to your home away from home.

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. Very large suites with king bed and separate living area. Free breakfast was very good and also offered a 5:30-7:30pm happy hour and snacks. Hotel was very busy but the staff was pleasant and efficient. Beds were very comfortable and nice to have black out curtains. Good location across from the mall and short drive to the beaches. Charge for wifi in the rooms and parking however. We found parking on the street every night so did not use the parkade. There are 4 elevators but they were very slow and you had to wait quite awhile. Tried to use the stairs down to the main lobby but they went straight out the building and were alarmed to the elevators are the only way down:(

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor facing away from the mall and main street. Was quiet:)
Green Features: Recycling program and of course you can choose not to have your towels changed etc.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kitten2009,

Thank you for being our guest recently and am delighted that your experience was great, from the complimentary breakfast and evening reception to your suite. I loved hearing that you complimented the team here, as they are truly the reason for a great stay.

I am sorry to hear that the elevators were again a little on the slow side, with twelve floors and many many guests going to and from breakfast is where the challenge can be. This is my first experience also that our stairs go straight outside and no option to walk out onto the ground floor, I believe is a City/Building requirement.

Thank you again for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back.