Forwarned is forearmed. So if you decide to brave the gauntlet (Emabassy Suites, La Jolla) just know this:
1) My wife mistakenly booked through their central reservation system (did not use agent or internet) and got a $325/night price on a cruddy room (will keep adjectives G rated)
2) When our friends mentioned their room rate ($175), I felt, well, less fortunate. But i thought pragmatism (Emabsyy Suite's) would rule the day as I set out for the front desk. So the conversation went, "Can you please look at my room rate?" "Mmm, very high room rate." (Not kidding, that's what the front desk said). "Can you make an adjustment? I can rebook right now through the internet and get $150 discount on the room I am in." "No, it is what it is." (I paraphrase their repsonse)
3) The rooms are barely woth $99/night. We received housekeeping exactly 1 time during our 3 night stay and that was after we harassed the front desk at 5:00 pm the day received our only "cleaning"
4) bathroom floor very hairy when we checked into our "luxury" suite." (Result of lazy housekeeping, I opine)
5) "free breakfast" chaos at 8 am. cold eggs, cold bacon, you get the idea
6) 3 Paul Blart mallcops patrolling the hotel all night/every night. Weird vibe. Why do they need 3 rental security guards haranguing kids for putting their toes in the hottub or being too loud at 8:00 pm?
7) Imagine this: The lyrics sung by the Inn Keeper in Les Mis...."Charging the guest for a little of this and a little of that" Parking extra, internet extra.....
8) front desk...a line, 4 deep all day every day
9) This may be piling on, but the "free happy hour," what a treat. watery cocktails and chips and canned salsa.
Some of our group left a night early and checked into the Hyatt, better room, better rate. I should have done the same, but didn't, shame on me. Do your homework and investgate all the options; there are a plethora of options within a mile radius. And if Karma deals you the Emabassy Suites card. Throw back into the pile and "go fish" for something else, anything else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just minutes from the beautiful beaches of La Jolla, CA, the Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla offers unparalleled comfort for business and leisure travelers. Hotel guests enjoy spacious suite accommodations, complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast, and refreshments with light snacks at the complimentary Evening Reception. The hotel's 340 suites are 100% non-smoking and feature a private bedroom, living room with sofa bed, two HDTVs, MP3 player/clock radio, workspace with ergonomic desk chair, and Internet connection availability. Additional on-site amenities include meeting and event space, business center, fitness center, dry sauna, and indoor pool. Dine easily with room service or at one of the on-site restaurants, P.F. Chang's China Bistro or Indulge Restaurant and Lounge. Ideal for business travelers, this La Jolla hotel is conveniently located near the offices of Ernst & Young, IBM, and Pfizer. Leisure guests enjoy close proximity to La Jolla beaches, the San Diego Zoo, Legoland California, Torrey Pines Golf Course, and Westfield UTC. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego - La Jolla reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Diego - La Jolla Hotel San Diego
- Embassy Suites La Jolla
- San Diego Embassy Suites