2,288 results
All reviews seaport village evening reception uss midway baskin robbins great location made to order breakfast breakfast and happy hour indoor pool free happy hour san diego bay cocktail hour valet parking convention center within walking distance free breakfast living room per night
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Another great stay at the San Diego Embassy Suites! Great location and wonderful staff! I enjoyed the views from the room as well as the good location for enjoying the local area. Close walk to the gas lamp district as well as the seaport!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A huge watch out here!!! This hotel has valet only and you should not TRUST them!
I stayed 1 night and checked my non damaged rental vehicle (not a scratch on it) with valet mid afternoon on Friday, Sept 20. Valet even walked the car with me (I’ve never done that before, but they suggested it and no damage was noted as I gave him the keys). Checked out Saturday morning and when they drove the car out of valet parking it had a big bumper scratch on the left front driver side bumper and a huge scratch on the driver side rear quarter panel. I was stunned. Even more interesting was that the key tag now indicated damage (that could have been written on there anytime after drop off by any valet employee!)
So I filled out a damage report with the hotel and was given instructions that the valet manager would watch some video of the parking areas and call me.
It’s now mid Tuesday afternoon and no call. I have to turn the car in tomorrow.
I even called and left a message with the hotel general manager...no call yet!
Beware here! Hilton as a company should be aware and embarrassed by this very poor customer care and deception!
My advice if you’re headed to San Diego....Don’t stay Here!!!
#hilton #embassysuitessandiego @embassysuites @hilton

Trip type: Traveled with family
MisteDFertig, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Good afternoon,

I apologize about the situation that you experienced while staying with us. We have reached out to the valet manager to ensure that you will receive a call back if you have not already. We are so sorry about lack of communication on our end and we are making this our main priority.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fantastic place to stay and super fantastic staff! Close to everything we enjoined about San Diego. Beautiful views and super great breakfast. Keep doing what your doing! Loved our trip so much with our friends!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I deduct 2 stars for their parking situation, which is absolutely not explicit on their website or booking confirmation email. Both of these made clear that valet parking is available as an amenity, but does not make clear that this is the ONLY option , at $55/day, except metered street parking. My gf and I traveled from LA for a wedding, and we definitely would have taken the train had this reality been known to us.

I deduct another 2 stars for the antagonistic, dishonest reaction I received from 2 staff members, including a manager, when I voiced my disappointment regarding the parking situation. Again, I was not upset by the cost itself, but at the lack of explicit information. I was told that I should have known better, and that it also has nothing to do with them since the valet company is not connected to them—even though I was charged through the hotel. Both staff became very defensive immediately, making it seem like this is not an uncommon complaint...

I would deduct another star if possible for the dumpy breakfast buffet and general blandness of the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Good evening,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your stay. We appreciate the feedback and apologize that you did not have a pleasurable experience while staying with us. I assure you that we will reach out to the departments involved to discuss this review and use this as a learning opportunity. Thank you again for the feedback and we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This Embassy Suites has a spacious renovated Atrium and both breakfast and evening managers reception was nice and not to crowded. It’s also nice to see welcoming employees like Leonida and Iniego that we’re gracious and kind.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple