12 people are viewing this hotel
Algotels$313
Etrip$321
Embassy Suites$833
3,273 results
All reviews seaport village evening reception great location uss midway made to order breakfast breakfast and happy hour indoor pool san diego bay cocktail hour valet parking convention center within walking distance free breakfast every morning living room the breakfast area per night
Selected filters
Reviewed July 30, 2019

Everyone who stayed at the hotel had a nice experience. We loved the complementary breakfast and evening reception. Check in was easy and check out was smooth despite the long line. My family and I would stay here again. The kids loved the pool and went everyday. Definitely a must come back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank Porsche M
Reviewed July 29, 2019

I stayed here for a couple of nights and it was ok but nothing special. I arrived after my husband who advised the front desk I would be coming so they’d give me a key. When I arrived they said he hadn’t told them as they had no note in their system. The manager came over and I showed her my husband’s text where he told me the room number and that he’d advised the front desk I was coming so she went ahead and gave me a key. When I told my husband he said he wasn’t surprised because when he told the lady at the front desk he noticed she wasn’t writing it down and he said he even asked her if she’d gotten it. She said she had but obviously she hadn’t. Very bad customer service! If I hadn’t had the text from my husband I would have been unable to get into our room.

The room seemed a bit dated. The living room/dining room was huge but sparsely furnished which seemed so odd and out of place. The bedroom was more normally laid out and well furnished. The room did have beautiful views.

The breakfast in the morning offered a bit of everything which was great. You could get the ready-made scrambled eggs or you could get fried eggs and omelettes at the omelette station. There was fresh fruit, bacon, cereals, juices, coffee and more.

There was also a happy hour but my experience with that was not as positive. First of all, you have to have your room key and an ID to get any type of alcoholic beverage. I am well past 21 as I am in my 50s and I still could not get a drink without having to go back to my room to get my ID. Then when I came back with my ID, I had to wait in the drink line again to get a drink. I ended up getting corn soup, hummus and some veggies from the food bar. I’m not sure which food it was but something from the food bar upset my stomach terribly and I spent all night in the bathroom. Needless to say, I didn’t return to the happy hour bar for the rest of our stay.

There’s a pizza restaurant with a bar at the far end of the hotel which is great and it has an entrance directly into the hotel. There is a Dunkin Donuts right there as well which is so convenient in the morning. Across the street from the hotel is a retail area with restaurants including a Cheesecake Factory.

The store in the hotel is quite large and offered food items, drinks, wine, beach attire, t-shirts and travel sized toiletries which was great.

It pretty had just about anything you might need.

I’ve stayed at several Embassy Suites in the past and this one just didn’t seem to be up to par. I do think this would be a great hotel for a couple with a couple of kids because the rooms are so spacious. But overall, I don’t think I’d come back to this hotel.

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank NO2VA
MisteDFertig, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to inform us about your recent stay. We are pleased that there were things about the hotel and location that you enjoyed. We apologize that there were a few things about your stay that were less enjoyable. We will be following up with the appropriate teams to make sure that they understand how important our guests truly are. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2019

Stayed at Embassy suites for business. Excellent location for all kinds of food and entertainment. Beautiful bay front surroundings. Wonderful view from my suite. Solid staff. Clean accommodations. Efficient service. Very good price for area.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
2  Thank William H
Reviewed July 28, 2019

Booked Embassy Suites near the waterfront in San Diego as it seemed a good option. We caught the train from LA and could easily walk to Embassy Suites. Good options for eating at Seaport Village and easy to have pleasant walks along the seafront. Five minute walk to trolley to take to other San Diego locations or even the Mexican Border. Room was good size and have a view out over the bay and USS Midway. Evening drinks were very good especially the premixed cocktails, food was okay but nothing special. Was good to be out of downtown and Gaslamp quater as location was quiet, but still very easy to get to wherever we needed to. Overall, great location, quiet premises and easy access.

Room tip: Rooms on western side get view of water and USS Midway
2  Thank chris r
Reviewed July 26, 2019

We were in town only for a few of days. The hotel is very close to the Midway and an outdoor area with some restaurants and shops on the waterfront. The hotel has an inner atrium/courtyard looking over the breakfast area on the ground floor. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The suite was large with a separate living area. There was a Dunkin Donuts attached to the hotel, which my husband loved!. It also had an Italian restaurant but I didn't get a chance to eat there because we went to Little Italy instead. The hotel breakfast area is very large but it still gets crowded so maybe go early. We had a room looking over the water so we got to see lots of military jets taking off and landing at the military base across the bay. Check in staff was great.

2  Thank Sophie M