“Good central location”

Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites
Ranked #173 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Right on the PCH and walkable to the mass transit system, Little Italy and very near the zoo, Balboa Park, Sea World and the airport. Free parking which is unbelievable. I could not get the WiFi to work in my room, however. That would be my only complaint.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites

Reviewed March 28, 2014

Pete was wonderful. He helped us find the perfect restaurant and local attractions. Maid service had a good eye for details. Hotel grounds are clean and well groomed. I will stay here in future visits to San Diego.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have stayed here for the last 4 years whenever I am in San Diego for a conference. I usually call to let them know I will be checking in late, Pete is always waiting for my arrival with the key and a smiling face. Good price, free parking, WiFi, and free breakfast in the morning!!

Room Tip: You can call the front desk if you need a hair dyer and they will get you one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2014

To call this dump a "hotel and suites" is a joke. It's a Motel 6 - type design, but with paper thin walls, one night stand (if my wife was with me, one of us would have grumbled), no coffee in the room or at reception, no place to put stuff in the bathroom, a kitchenette but not one piece of anything to make it usable, such as a cup and kettle to make a cup of tea, no place to sit other than the bed. And, they charged me over $200 for this room, although I admit it was at the last minute and I had no other options.

Staff was very friendly; no quarrel there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm french and I'm studying in san Diego, when my family or parents come, I always take this hotel, parking is free, Wi-Fi too. Pretty good room with space, 5 min by foot to little Italy where you have lots of restaurants. kind and welcoming persons at the lobby.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is in good location. Staff is great. Convenient to shops downwtown restaurants and harbor view. Small hotel but great amenities and customer service. Micheline and carlos went above and beyond to make sure my stay was excellant.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I realized my downtown San Diego hotel was going to charge me $240 for the last night of my stay, I thought it was time to try something different. I paid about a third of that (around $90) for a room in this hotel, and I was very pleased! This hotel reminds me of what is available as a 'motel' in in a tourist city in Northern Michigan (like...Mackinaw City), in a very urbanized area that is part of the flight path to the airport (like...Rosslyn, Virginia), but surrounded by the usual palm trees and warmth of San Diego. There is nothing fancy here, but everything seemed very clean. It looks as if very minimal and carefully budgeted remodeling and painting was done within the last 5 years or so. Carlos, the front desk clerk, was GREAT. He pointed me in the direction of the public bus to the airport (a block or two away, $2.25 exact change required). My only complaints are 1. the spottiness of the internet -- repeated warnings on my computer that the connection was 'unstable'2. Breakfast is not great--I'm not a big fan of styrofoam, and the coffee was watery; and 3. there was a drunk party coming home to the hotel late at night, but they quieted down very quickly; and 4. Construction in the area leads to some noise and dust during the day. You have to ask for a blow dryer at the front desk--pretty typical for this class of hotel. I would definitely come back with family, and I might consider again for a business trip-- if I did not have big deadlines requiring a stable internet connection.Oh..and Little Italy, with terrific restaurants, and public transit are nearby, great location! Parking looks convenient.

Room Tip: Choose lower rooms if stairs are a problem--no elevator. Otherwise, I prefer upper floors for safety...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business