“My "go-to" place to stay in San Diego”

Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites
Ranked #175 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have stayed here for the last 4 years whenever I am in San Diego for a conference. I usually call to let them know I will be checking in late, Pete is always waiting for my arrival with the key and a smiling face. Good price, free parking, WiFi, and free breakfast in the morning!!

Room Tip: You can call the front desk if you need a hair dyer and they will get you one.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed March 17, 2014

To call this dump a "hotel and suites" is a joke. It's a Motel 6 - type design, but with paper thin walls, one night stand (if my wife was with me, one of us would have grumbled), no coffee in the room or at reception, no place to put stuff in the bathroom, a kitchenette but not one piece of anything to make it usable, such as a cup and kettle to make a cup of tea, no place to sit other than the bed. And, they charged me over $200 for this room, although I admit it was at the last minute and I had no other options.

Staff was very friendly; no quarrel there.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm french and I'm studying in san Diego, when my family or parents come, I always take this hotel, parking is free, Wi-Fi too. Pretty good room with space, 5 min by foot to little Italy where you have lots of restaurants. kind and welcoming persons at the lobby.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 15, 2014

The hotel is in good location. Staff is great. Convenient to shops downwtown restaurants and harbor view. Small hotel but great amenities and customer service. Micheline and carlos went above and beyond to make sure my stay was excellant.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 12, 2014

When I realized my downtown San Diego hotel was going to charge me $240 for the last night of my stay, I thought it was time to try something different. I paid about a third of that (around $90) for a room in this hotel, and I was very pleased! This hotel reminds me of what is available as a 'motel' in in a tourist city in Northern Michigan (like...Mackinaw City), in a very urbanized area that is part of the flight path to the airport (like...Rosslyn, Virginia), but surrounded by the usual palm trees and warmth of San Diego. There is nothing fancy here, but everything seemed very clean. It looks as if very minimal and carefully budgeted remodeling and painting was done within the last 5 years or so. Carlos, the front desk clerk, was GREAT. He pointed me in the direction of the public bus to the airport (a block or two away, $2.25 exact change required). My only complaints are 1. the spottiness of the internet -- repeated warnings on my computer that the connection was 'unstable'2. Breakfast is not great--I'm not a big fan of styrofoam, and the coffee was watery; and 3. there was a drunk party coming home to the hotel late at night, but they quieted down very quickly; and 4. Construction in the area leads to some noise and dust during the day. You have to ask for a blow dryer at the front desk--pretty typical for this class of hotel. I would definitely come back with family, and I might consider again for a business trip-- if I did not have big deadlines requiring a stable internet connection.Oh..and Little Italy, with terrific restaurants, and public transit are nearby, great location! Parking looks convenient.

Room Tip: Choose lower rooms if stairs are a problem--no elevator. Otherwise, I prefer upper floors for safety...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The hotel was closed to the convention center, with a very nice harbour closed by for sightseeing , convenient to the convention center.. Mr. Pete was very professional that he lead me to the Trolley station and food locations cleary . I enjoy the trip so much by his help and kind services ! Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My wife and i stayed here for a few days
First off for breakfast. Don't expect much other than coffee, Toast, Hard boiled Eggs and cereal.
We stayed in the King Bed jacuzzi suite. The bed was pretty stiff and caused us to wake up with sore backs each morning.
We made our reservation online with a package of seaworld and san diego zoo tickets. When we checked in, we expected them to have some tickets ready for us, or at least a voucher to take to the ticket office at each park. The Man told us that we would pay for just our room, and we would purchase tickets online on our own, and then promptly email them to the hotel to print for us. Very Un professional i'd say.
Not to mention how slow the Wifi connection was. Especially for having 3 pacific inn connections to choose from.
Needless to say i will not be staying here again

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple