Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjack in the boxfront deskmaritime museumwalking distancetrolley stationstar of indiacruise terminalbasic hotelclose to the airporttrain noisecomic concentral locationbed was comfortableuss midwayseaport villagewi figaslamp quarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Bait n Switch
I picked the pacific inn and suites for its proximity to the airport and petco park, I went to the pacific inn and suites website or so I thought, from the website I called their toll free number 1800-571-2933 on about 7/24/2013 made a reservation for 8/3/2013 for one night for me and my daughter to see Yankees padres game since we were flying in for one game with no car and the hotels proximity to petco and airport this was the best place for us with the public transportation within walking distance choices. When we arrived at pacific inn and suites on Saturday 8/3 around 4 pm I give the gentleman at the front desk my name and confirmation number he then proceeds to tell me I don't have a reservation and the confirmation number is not a valid confirmation number for pacific inn and suites, he then hands me a card from on the reservation desk and asks if I called any of these numbers I see the 1800-571-2933 I called last week, I then show him on my cell phone in my recents phone calls on my iPhone that number for 7/27 for about a 5 min call, he then tells me he doesn't know what was said during that phone call on 7/27 and I have no record of what was said during that phone call, I then asked him if he was saying that I needed start recording my phone calls when I make hotel reservations, he then proceeded to tell me not to put words in his mouth, I then asked him what are me and my 15 yr old daughter supposed to do now with no room and the town being sold out of rooms cause the yanks draw big crowds, he was zero help he jus stared at me wouldn't help us with getting in touch with anyone from that toll free number, wouldn't help by trying to find us another room if it was possible, this guy was the biggest zero I've ever come across at a front desk, when I made the reservation I had to secure it with a credit card so I figured they probably put a hold or charged my card since it was the check in day, I called my credit card company and they confirmed another hotel called the vagabond inn hotel circle has put a hold on my card for the amount I was quoted for the pacific inn, I was starting to realize what was going on! The pacific inn website I went to is really a hotel reservation service and not exclusively a pacific inn website but the front desk guy wouldn't tell me this info, we have no car and now we have to get to hotel circle, we need to sleep somewhere after game, when we get to vagabond the front desk guy who was helpful acknowledged the website is a many hotel service and they decided to bump us to the vagabond or the reservation person at the toll free number messed up, but how could it be a mess up if I called to confirm my reservations on 7/27 with that confirmation number at that toll free number! I confirmed the
price and the day and hotel, I think that website should let people know that they service many hotel motels, now I went to pacific inn and suites website specifically, I didn't go to hotels dot com that's why I hold them responsible and the zero for a front desk person, and how can they just change someone's reservation without contacting the reservation holder and giving them a choice of canceling and staying at a more
convenient hotel for themselves

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Pacific Inn & Suites ! The room was very clean and comfortable. Great location near the harbor and walking distance to Little Italy and the Gaslamp district. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay there again when I am in San Diego.

Room Tip: Clean and very comfortable.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

Thank you so much for posting such a great review for our hotel. Our location is perfect for any new San Diego visitors, conventioneers, and guests on foot. We are so centrally located from all of the major and minor attractions in San Diego, and walking distance to beautiful sights and views. On behalf of our staff here at the Pacific Inn we would like to sincerely thank you.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

this is my second stay at this hotel and i will be staying again there soon...i know we found our hotel in san Diego...the staff is very nice...front desk clerks ...maids...the location is perfect...very clean and good size rooms..there continental breakfast is just enough to get you by till lunch...love the heated pool...just love this place!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Bronxgirl1968

Regular guests of ours are so special to us, as we are delighted by their enthusiasm for our hotel and we welcome them with open arms. We are so glad that you are one of those people, and we ensure that we will continue to provide the best service, clean rooms, and great prices. We are so excited because shortly we will be remodeling our hotel, and that's going to be spectacular. Thank you again we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel is couzy but it is not very clean from outside. the rooms are big enough and clean. Some of the staff are friendly some are not. The breakfast is so boring! it is close to little italy (10 mins walk) but there is not much food around it other than walking to little italy. I guess you get as much as you pay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

As a budget friendly hotel, we offer as many amenities as we possibly can to our guests. With free breakfast, free wifi, free parking, a pool, refrigerators, and microwaves we do our best to ensure you get the best value for your money. As for the exterior of our hotel we just got our hotel power washed on Monday, and now have a full time houseman on the property to keep our hotel looking in tip top shape for our guests. Thank you for sharing your comments with us, as it truly makes a difference.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The location is great and the staff is super nice and super helpful. The rooms though leave something to be desired. They were very clean but missing simple amenities like hair dryer, coffee maker, and mini fridge. I have stayed at the days inn half a block away and gotten these items at a few hundred dollars less for the same length of stay. Also the continental breakfast is poor. Over all I feel the price I paid was not worth what I got. I know it was a busy time of year but I have gotten more for less money in the same location. I would stay here again if needed simply because the staff was incredibly courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2013
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear Sir,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us. Our service is top priority, and we are dedicated to providing the best service to all of our guests. We regret not making you aware of the extra amenities that we provide upon request. Fridges/Microwaves/Irons/Hairdryers are all available at the front desk upon request. We hope with this information you will give us an opportunity to be your comic con accommodation in the future.