“nice lil getaway”

Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites
Ranked #174 of 286 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

me and my husband went for a mini getaway to SD, we got a Jacuzzi suite, it was a nice lil room, the jacuzzi tub was awesome, breakfast was continental style, but we made waffles, had cereal, bagels coffee and juice, it was pretty quiet for us. its no resort style, just an average hotel, so if thats what you're expecting go else where, but if your looking for inexpensive and pleasant, this was a nice choice for us, Jacuzzi suite is for a very reasonable price

• Stayed: December 2012
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for posting a review for our hotel, but for future guests I would like to speak to the breakfast. Although we do have Jacuzzi suites, our hotel does not provide waffles, and instead of bagels we have toast.

Yes sir, we are hotel that does not have very many frills, but with complimentary breakfast, free wifi, and free parking all at budget friendly prices you can't go wrong. I am glad that you were able to stay in our Jacuzzi suites, as they are extremely popular with our guests.

I can see by the number of reviews, and places you have visited that you are a very credible source, and I hope that our future guests will use your review to stay with us.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was simple and included everything we needed. From the pool to breakfast all the way down to HBO TV in the room. Though the only downfall of the HBO was that my boyfriend didnt let me sleep because he was too busy watching tv.

The customer service was really fast. whenever i asked for an extra towel or for a wakeup call it was done within 5 minutes personally by the front desk. (kind of a nice touch)

The pool was good enough and the water temp. wasnt that bad either.

The breakfast included eggs, toast, cereal, coffee, tea, OJ, and i think oatmeal also which was fine because we are not big breakfast people anyways

the WIFI was a little slow so we called the front desk to let them know and they restarted th emodem and it worked perfectly fine after that.

So i mean there were a few minor bumps here and there but thanks to the front desk they were all fixed.

I surely recommend this hotel to all. It is definetly a good fine in downtown at an affordable rate.

Room Tip: Try to get a room near the Front desk
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, it is our number one priority to provide you with the best service possible, and thank you for attesting to the fact that our staff was attentive to all of your needs. At the Pacific Inn we strive to make your visit to San Diego as enjoyable as possible, by providing you with clean rooms, great service, all at budget friendly prices, and after reading your comments it seems we were able to hit all three of those marks! Thank you for choosing the Pacific Inn, we look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I drove down to San Diego to get away from the heat. We didn't realize how hard it would be to find a room without booking a reservation. After driving around looking for a place to stay we found the Pacific Inn. The front desk employee was very helpful. He showed us a room to prove their cleanliness and quality. He gave us directions and suggestions of what to visit. I'm glad we found the Pacific Inn

1  Thank AdamM728
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! It was our pleasure to accommodate you during the busy weekend. We are glad to hear that our hotel was effective in providing you great customer service.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went to the pacific inn this past weekend and realized I had mistakenly booked my room for a queen size bed instead of a king size. It was memorial weekend and they had no additional rooms available. However, David, the desk clerk, called his sister hotel and rearranged rooms so that I would be able to sleep in a King size bed. I will definately be coming back!!! Thanks Pacific Onn you guys are the best!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, General Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

We sincerely appreciate your positive comments, and we can't wait for your next visit to San Diego. I'm happy that our front desk staff was able to accommodate you in the room you wanted, as we do our best to meet the requests of our guests as best as we can. Once again, thank you for choosing our hotel!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

You know I read the reviews before I booked my room and was hesistant but decided to book anyways. I knew this was not going to be the Marriott as it seems that most people who post reviews for this hotel think it is. The rooms were clean, there was wifi and it was walking distance to the trolley. People expect way too much for the bargain prices you pay when staying at this hotel. The breakfast is fine the noise isn't bad. I was happy with my stay and it was exactly what I expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Owner at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Victoria,

I would like to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for this review. When I read this review, it brought a smile to my face as it is very rare that a guest reviews our hotel with the utmost truth. I hope that future guests will read your review, as it attests to what our hotel truly is. As soon as I read this review, I knew I had to respond myself. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this motel for 4 nights last week. Breakfast was never available until after 7:30 each morning. The guy who sets it up and is the day shift desk clerk needs to be wound up. He does not get in a hurry or really cares when he unlocks the doors. Toast does not constitute a hot breakfast and the choices were very slim. He tried to over charge us by a day when we arrived. When I noticed the mistake a day later, it was brought to his attention, he said the person had made a mistake. When in fact it was him and he made no apologies. This man needs to find a different job, he could care less about this one.
We had to put the bath mat down over broken tile in the bathroom, for fear we would cut our feet on them. We were shorted a washcloth every day and had to ask for one.
The only thing keeping this motel open is the location and the price.
Even with breakfast, it is not up to Motel 6.

1  Thank Fanc304

Thank you for reviewing our hotel sir. After reading your review we feel that you have some valid points, but are a little unreasonable as well. We are taking the necessary steps to improve the quality of our morning service, and assure you that it is something we are taking very seriously. As for the other aspects of your review, it seems that our hotel did not meet your expectations, yet the price did. You've got to understand with the prices that we offer, there is only so much we can offer for breakfast. We hope that our future guests fully understand what our hotel offers before booking with us for our great prices.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you like Motel 6 than you will love this hotel. The only thing going for the hotel, is the Lady who drove me to the air port and the location. Arrived for the breakfast at just after 9am and there was nothing left I asked about this and was told breakfast ended at 9-30 am but one all the items are gone then breakfast is over, not even a cup of coffee. I had to go next door to the take out chain for coffee and something on a bun. Many better hotels at the same or similar price near by.

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, while staying in San Diego. While we thank you for your comments, we must disagree with your title. It seems that yes, you had arrived late for breakfast, but I assure you that coffee still remains after breakfast for our guests to enjoy throughout the day. While this issue will be taken up with our breakfast staff, Motel 6 does not offer breakfast at all. With great respect, it seems that our hotel is being compared to the Motel 6 due to the fact that you arrived at breakfast, when it had already ended. Without mentioning that our rooms, service, and overall experience of staying at our hotel is far superior than to that of Motel 6.