Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
$261
$159
$599
Fairmont.com
Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines(La Jolla)(Great Value!)
$172
Hilton.com
  • Restaurant
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$345
$299
Hotels.com
$219
$183
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$162
  • Beachfront
$149
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$183
$159
Catamaran Resort Hotel and Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$176
$169
  • Pool
Omni San Diego Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
$310
$290
Hotelpower.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjack in the boxfront deskmaritime museumwalking distancetrolley stationstar of indiacruise terminalbasic hotelclose to the airporttrain noisecomic concentral locationbed was comfortableuss midwayseaport villagewi figaslamp quarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 30, 2013

You know I read the reviews before I booked my room and was hesistant but decided to book anyways. I knew this was not going to be the Marriott as it seems that most people who post reviews for this hotel think it is. The rooms were clean, there was wifi and it was walking distance to the trolley. People expect way too much for the bargain prices you pay when staying at this hotel. The breakfast is fine the noise isn't bad. I was happy with my stay and it was exactly what I expected.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Owner at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Dear Victoria,

I would like to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for this review. When I read this review, it brought a smile to my face as it is very rare that a guest reviews our hotel with the utmost truth. I hope that future guests will read your review, as it attests to what our hotel truly is. As soon as I read this review, I knew I had to respond myself. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed at this motel for 4 nights last week. Breakfast was never available until after 7:30 each morning. The guy who sets it up and is the day shift desk clerk needs to be wound up. He does not get in a hurry or really cares when he unlocks the doors. Toast does not constitute a hot breakfast and the choices were very slim. He tried to over charge us by a day when we arrived. When I noticed the mistake a day later, it was brought to his attention, he said the person had made a mistake. When in fact it was him and he made no apologies. This man needs to find a different job, he could care less about this one.
We had to put the bath mat down over broken tile in the bathroom, for fear we would cut our feet on them. We were shorted a washcloth every day and had to ask for one.
The only thing keeping this motel open is the location and the price.
Even with breakfast, it is not up to Motel 6.

1  Thank Fanc304
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel sir. After reading your review we feel that you have some valid points, but are a little unreasonable as well. We are taking the necessary steps to improve the quality of our morning service, and assure you that it is something we are taking very seriously. As for the other aspects of your review, it seems that our hotel did not meet your expectations, yet the price did. You've got to understand with the prices that we offer, there is only so much we can offer for breakfast. We hope that our future guests fully understand what our hotel offers before booking with us for our great prices.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

If you like Motel 6 than you will love this hotel. The only thing going for the hotel, is the Lady who drove me to the air port and the location. Arrived for the breakfast at just after 9am and there was nothing left I asked about this and was told breakfast ended at 9-30 am but one all the items are gone then breakfast is over, not even a cup of coffee. I had to go next door to the take out chain for coffee and something on a bun. Many better hotels at the same or similar price near by.

Room Tip: no good rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
GuestRelationsDept, Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our hotel, while staying in San Diego. While we thank you for your comments, we must disagree with your title. It seems that yes, you had arrived late for breakfast, but I assure you that coffee still remains after breakfast for our guests to enjoy throughout the day. While this issue will be taken up with our breakfast staff, Motel 6 does not offer breakfast at all. With great respect, it seems that our hotel is being compared to the Motel 6 due to the fact that you arrived at breakfast, when it had already ended. Without mentioning that our rooms, service, and overall experience of staying at our hotel is far superior than to that of Motel 6.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I consider several factors in choosing a hotel, then rating it afterwards. I also try and get hotels that have character or a feel for where we are, or the type of trip I am on. In other words, when in Prague, I don't want the Hilton.

Reviews by others are very important, and we do our homework. Also considered are location, price, breakfast, communication.

Comfort, lighting, bathroom space, water pressure...all things that make a stay or can ruin it.

This was our 4th overnight trip to San Diego (pretty much a day trip for us anyway). We had stayed in an expensive "free" gas lamp hotel (but still paid a lot for parking), The convention center Marriott on business (parking paid for), and a delightful B&B for a past anniversary.

This was our 31st anniversary trip and we were flexible to enjoy the area. I had a few conditions. Not expensive, free parking and walkable to the docks (location), and some sort of breakfast.
After spending countless hours trying to find a place in the higher end hotels unsuccessfully, I stumbled onto this place. The reviews sounded good (except for a few), and the reservation gal was so sweet and helpful I just decided to go for it. Fingers crossed.
I was not disappointed. The room had a slight smoke smell but we opened the windows and let the fresh air do its thing. The room was pretty typical although we did ask for the fridge and m/w (saved leftover dinner for lunch the next day). We didn't use the safe (or get charged for it as a previous post said, but I am mailing back the kidnapped key). A bit more light in bathroom would have been nice, the water pressure was great. Counter space was ok. I have had far less. The typical little items on the counter. Towels were a bit small and thin, but I just asked for extras. The room had a nice 'redone' feel, so not outdated. Clean. Bed was harder than we like, but OK. TV was a box with few channels but who goes on vacation to watch TV? Iron/board. A hairdryer from the office. The weather report said 60's and possible drizzle so we didn't plan on using the pool, but it looked inviting with the warm weather we had. The front clerks were all friendly and helpful. I didn't see the BF, hubby ran and brought it back to the room to save time to get to the Midway. Cereal, boiled egg, toast, OJ. More than I usually eat.

Yes, we heard the trolley and planes but that didn't bother us. An advantage is a close trolley we may use next trip. The entire are of SD here is under construction. That was a surprise, but it will be beautiful when it is done and this location even better.

THe only real negative was the noise from ice machine by the pool. I don't know if it dumps automatically or if someone liked getting ice but it woke me up repeatedly all night. We were on the 2nd floor (212) overlooking the pool with our window open. I was just too tired to think about closing the window and didn't realize what the recurring noise was until almost morning. Machine problem or Noisy Guest?

Because we anticipated crowds, traffic and parking issues, we walked to the Saturday AM Memorial Day wreath ceremony on the Midway. (highly recommend this potentially LONG tour). No need to walk as there were no crowds, but that was OK. Morning exercise.
Little Italy is just up the hill a few blocks. Filippis...more food than you can eat. Plan on a wait unless you go early.
Greek islands Cafe- Seaport Village validates parking. Old Town is a short drive, or trolly ride. Same with Balboa.
Jack in the box is next door.
I got what I was looking for, and saved money.

Greetings! Happy Anniversary!

We are so delighted to hear about your stay at our hotel, and to be frank your review is spot on. Your review attests to most of our responses to past reviews, and we would like to sincerely thank you.

As I was reading your review, the portion about the "kidnapped safe key" caught my attention as I remember answering the phone that day, in awe by the fact that someone would be kind enough to send us back our safe key.

We are very appreciative for your comments, and glad to hear that our hotel met all of your determining factors to booking a hotel, and that our reservation agent's friendly demeanor is what confirmed your decision to stay with us. We understand you have many options, while visiting San Diego, and would love to offer you our Jacuzzi Suite at a great price the next time you are in town!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed for four nights (May 14 through May 17) at this location in San Diego. It has a very central location which is very close to San Diego Bay as well as the Gas Lamp District and Downtown. The afternoon and evening desk clerk was very personable and helpful. The person who serviced the room every day did an excellent job and was also very helpful.
The morning desk clerk was totally not helpful and really didn't even acknowledge that you were there. He appeared to be watching tv on the computer at the desk the whole time he was on duty.
The rooms at this hotel are average and certainly do not compare with other chains nearby such as the Hampton Inn and Suites or the Wyndham. However, the rates here are significantly cheaper, and our room was kept clean, bed made daily and bathroom was clean with clean towels supplied daily.
Overall, our experience was good.

Room Tip: Choose a location nearer the main street as rooms farther from the street are near the Amtrak line and these rooms can be veryl noisy.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Owner at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

It was our pleasure to serve you, during your stay at the Pacific Inn & Suites. Our location is always a plus for tourists in San Diego, as we are near the Gaslamp, Little Italy, Star of India, USS Midway, and other musts dos in San Diego. You are correct, we are not the Hampton, or the Marriott, but our rooms are clean, we offer great customer service, a stellar location, all at budget friendly prices. Our hotel also offers free wifi, free parking, and free breakfast to add to the value of our hotel. We want to thank you for staying at our hotel, as we understand that you have many options when visiting San Diego.