“$5 cab ride to Gaslamp and convention center. What a deal. This hotel is close to everything.”

Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites
Ranked #171 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

Best location in San Diego. Across from nice blue water. Free breakfast. Mary awesome help. She rocks slept like a baby. Clean rooms. Free wifi.

$5 saved on cab no DUI. Hey shop and compare but you will do what I did save a bunch of money stay at pacific inn and save lots of money to have dinner and have money left over to party hard

Great price and value with an awesome location can't beat it. Booked the room. You won't go wrong.

Go miami heat!!!!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Jelly196
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
We are so happy to hear how great your stay at our hotel was. It is our number one goal to meet your budget, as well as provide you with a quality stay, so we are glad to know that we accomplished that goal! We hope you visit San Diego again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this place based on several factors: Trip Advisor recommendation; price; proximity to tourism locations; proximity to good quality restaurants. Good choice on all counts. Also it was close to the airport: good for cheap cab ride; not-so-good for noise. The room was neat and clean, the bed comfortable, and the desk clerks friendly and knowledgeable. The continental breakfast was quite sufficient to get me through to lunch. Two drawbacks: the tram / rail line runs immediately behind the property and was noticeable, but didn’t run at night; and there is little insulation between floors (i stayed in a ground floor room).

I rarely give a 5, but 4.5 (9/10) isn't available and 4 is too low; I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We are so excited about this review! It is so great to hear feedback from our guests that had an awesome stay, and the fact that you gave us 5 stars is sincerely appreciated. Hopefully San Diego is a destination that you will visit again in the near future, so that we can serve you once again!
Escondido, California
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted a romantic weekend, so we booked a night through Hotwire with this hotel in little Italy. Being from San Diego we knew this place should have been a perfect walking distance to the restaurants and night time actives that Little Italy has to offer. Needless to say we were extremely disappointed to find that we had been bumped from our room becuase of a so called electrical problem. We were told we could take another room in Hotel Circle, but we had been looking forward to walking the town and having a nice dinner and drinks Creat & Commerce . They told also us they where completely booked up, with no more rooms open. We verified later that this was not true, there were upgraded rooms a but just not at the rate we where able to get thorough Hotwire. We should also note that they would not give proof of the cancelation, and told us if we wanted our money back we would have to hotwire ourselves. After being lied to and treated very badly I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't book this place thought Hotwire
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dionne B
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I want to first thank you for the time you took to post your comment. While it is true you had a booking with us from hotels.com, before you arrived we had a short on our rooms where almost 8 rooms had no power.

We were proactively finding you an alternate room, but we were unable to find a hotel in downtown because all of the hotels are booked. However we found you a hotel that would have accommodated you at cheaper price then you had originally paid to hotels .com

You refused to go, which was not a problem and you had asked us to refund your money for your stay which we would have had no problem doing, but you had pre paid with hotels.com. This is one of the reasons why you should always book on our website so that you are dealing with us directly, along with the fact that we guarantee the best rate online.

Then the electricians started bringing rooms on line and thus having rooms to sell. In closing I want to say I am sorry about the way you feel, as i have said to you on the phone we will be giving you a discount on your future stay. We look forward to your next stay in San Diego.
Qualicum Beach, Canada
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Breakfast was sparse but edible. WiFi worked well. The location is great for people taking a cruise ship. Close to public transportation and lots of restaurants in Little Italy. We would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share this review. We are so happy to hear about your pleasant stay! Our location, as you mentioned, is simply amazing, so convenient. Our free continental breakfast is delicious and the cleanness of our rooms is guaranteed! We look forward to seeing you again!
Los Angeles, California, Usa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

My company had setup this motel for me to stay at while attending our annual conference at the convention center, and I wasnt thrilled about staying at a motel instead of a hotel. I arrived at the hotel early in the morning, just wanting to checkin and then head to the conference, but the desk clerk notified me that she would be able to check me in, and give me the room key. Although I didnt plan on being able to go in the room that early, I was pleasantly surprised that they accomodated me 4 hours before the check in time. This allowed me to take a shower after my flight, and change before I went to the convention center. When I was ready to go to the convention center I expected the hotel to provide us with a shuttle, but they couldnt as the shuttle service ended at 10am. The front desk clerk was more than happy to help me though by making me aware of the trolley right next to their hotel that only charged $5 for the whole day I couldnt believe it! It took me to the convention center in less than 15min and I didnt have to wait because Tina gave me the trolley schedule times. Sitting here in Los Angeles after my trip last week, I can say that I am happy my company booked my room at the Pacific Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. It’s so great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised and we exceeded your expectations. We will definitely always go above and beyond to provide exceptional customer service and help in any possible way. Thanks again for your comments!
El Paso, Texas, Usa
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is only one of many times I've stayed at the Pacific Inn, my favorite place in San Diego. It's always spotlessly clean and the reception is always helpful and polite. Last time Pete and Laura were great!
I have stayed there maybe a dozen times over the past four years and have been so satisfied I have never stayed elsewhere. It's a great value.
The location is convenient to everything, including the airport, cruise terminal, Amtrack, great restaurants and nightlife. It's a short drive to Sea World and the zoo and Balboa Park, the best thing to do in SD! Parking is ample and free and some of the rooms have mini fridges.
If you like to stroll or jog, the waterfront is perfect, only three blocks away. I always will return to the Pacific Inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your comments! We’re very happy to hear about your amazing experience at our hotel. As you mentioned, we offer clean, fresh rooms. Lovely view and exceptional customer service at a very reasonable price! We’re glad you had an enjoyable stay! We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to sunny San Diego!
Ligonier, Pennsylvania, Usa
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel was extremely clean and tidy. The maid service was consistent every day and you could tell that the lady cared about what she was doing. People at the check-in desk were always helpful and very kind. Will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationsDept, Guest Relations Manager at Pacific Inn Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments with us. We’re delighted to hear about your stay at our hotel. Our housekeepers definitely do their job with excellence and make sure to leave each room is exceptional conditions. Our front desk staff also will always provide outstanding customer service and make sure our guests leave happy with their stay. Thanks again for your comments.