Pleasant Inn
  • Pool
Very Good 4/5
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsbreakfast room isyogurteasy accessmini fridgestay there againminute drivesea worldmission baywalmartmattressesdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2013

1) Desks Staff was indifferent. I was waiting at the desk to ask a question and I had to wait for her to finish her text before she acknowledged me. 2) Breakfast was late everyday but one, Monday which was a different women. The breakfast start time is late any way for a professional tradesmen at 0630 but when you arrive at 0630 the waffle iron is still warming up, no milk, no waffle batter, no eggs, etc. Nothing but coffee is ready. This girl is still setting up breakfast at 0645 – everyday – FIRE HER! 3) Breakfast in minimal at best. Should have biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, at these prices. Toaster was broken. Hard boiled eggs were terrible - everyday - try to peel the eggs and all you end up with ia a yoke ball. Terrible breakfast. 4) Internet slowly - signal poor/fair all the time. 5) No newspaper - how cheap can you get. 6) Bad access to hotel. You have to drive a half and make a u-turn from any direction to get to the hotel driveway. 7) Worst Best Western and Best Western experience I have every had to suffer through and I have stayed at a lot of Best Westerns and for some reason I was not allowed to change hotels in the middle of my stay to the Miramar hotel or I would be charged for the full week at this hotel any way.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWGoldenTriangleInn, General Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We will be undergoing renovations after summer which will include upgraded rooms and a new, larger breakfast area, both with enhanced amenities to help serve our guests better.

GENERAL MANAGER
BEST WESTERN Golden Triangle Inn

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The price was very good for this hotel but the amenities were poor. Could not get the A/C temperature right, way too noisy of A/C, always off and on all night. Shower was good, lighting was awful and room almost stark it was so empty of decor. Toilet ran all the time, had to close the door. Not the best area of town. Good location if going between La Jolla and San Diego. Staff was indifferent, not very friendly. Breakfast was better than I had anticipated.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel room was decorated all right, but the hotel is a cement block with no view, dark, no outdoor area except some really uncomfortable iron chairs by the main road in the parking lot. They had no newspapers. I did like the waffle maker in the breakfast room. Some were nice, others chewed gum and lacked any kind of professional attitude. I am grateful to the afternoon manager letting me leave and not charge me. The morning person did not want to refund me, even when I told her I felt unsafe. SOme dicey drunks banged up, walking around and in the elevator.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Very good value for the price. Personal very friendly and accommodating. Came in very late from Hawaii, 10:30 and was met at the desk by Jesus, very nice and funny guy, answered all our questions gave us a great room (212) not too noisy, and very clean. The breakfast is Best Western standard fare, waffles, cereals, coffee, cocoa, doughnuts,bread, muffins, etc. Room was kept very clean, and well stocked. The grounds are well kept and no "strange" people hanging around. Room cleaning is great, the supervisor checked it 2 times during our 7 day stay, asked if their was any thing that could be done to make it better, not really! Well worth it. Some people say you get what you pay for, we got more than! Aloha

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I'm sorry, but strong bleach odors don't make for a pleasant or healthy environment! We asked to change, but were told there were only smoking rooms and there were plenty of them. We ended up in a room on the street and because of the extremely strong bleach smells, we had to leave the window wide open to the street noise just for some relief from the smell. Altogether, this was s terrible experience! I wish I'd packed it up and gone to another motel! I want my money back and they should make this room a noisy storage room!

• Stayed: April 2013