“Nothing fancy. Small rooms, but clean.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Pleasant Inn

Pleasant Inn
Ranked #201 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Sandy, Utah
“Nothing fancy. Small rooms, but clean.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is just off I-805 a few minutes north of Mission Valley. I like the location, especially compared to Hotel Circle, which is congested with weird access. The shower was great. The internet was fair and I was just above the office. I did not eat the breakfast, but it looked on the low side of average for a standard Best Western. I slept fine, but the bed was soft. There was no desk in the room nor was there a comfy chair. However there was a table with two standard chairs. The price is what brought me in and would bring me back. After all it was a night stay and I wasn't going to buy the place.

Room Tip: If street noise bothers you, ask for a room on the back side.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
long beach, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

The room was kind of small but very clean. The hotel offers complementary cold and hot breakfast and it was actually pretty good. They have free parking and it is located right off the freeway close to a Walmart and a few attractions. It was affordable and pretty good for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank leslie z
BWGoldenTriangleInn, General Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2012
Thank you for your business and we appreciate your feedback.
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

The room was nice enough and it actually did have everything I wanted on first impressions. I stayed 3 nights and it was in staying longer that the gaps started to appear. Firstly, the Continental Breakfast was nice until I realised that I needed to buy my own paper bowls and plates to use as the PLASTIC plates provided melted with a warm/hot piece of toast. Next when we came back after a day out, we found that although they provided a daily room service this meant that they removed the garbage, made your bed, BUT they also took the soap you had only just opened and didn't replace it. This was the same for the coffee. I was not impressed. So it was OK, but I would not stay there again. It is sad because I really enjoy MOST Best Westerns.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ness C
BWGoldenTriangleInn, General Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Thank you for your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for not meeting your expectations and will be taking steps to address your concerns.
Almelo, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

Easy acces to this hotel. Average room. Very helpfull frontdesk personnel. The BW is located opposite of some restaurants. There is a great Chinese buffet restaurant. Very very good. There is a guest laundry.It is a ok room for a good price. The hotel is aside a busy road. But we slept o.k. No problem. There are also rooms at the back. Enough variety of breakfast. Very good coffee.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leentje_11
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2011

We typically stay at another favorite hotel nearby in Kearney-Mesa but was unable to so this was the backup. The pros: A friendly young man checked us in and the bed was comfortable. The motel is dated but my room was exceptionally clean. These three reasons are why the hotel has been rated average. The cons: Traffic can be heard; didn't like the flimsy window next to the door and flimsy 1980s dated chain lock on the door; could easily hear both sets of my neighbors on either side of the room; the breakfast was terrible, which is frustrating since how can you mess up cereal and milk? Overall, I did not feel safe as I typically do in San Diego and did not feel like relaxation was a possibility given the surroundings. If you are looking for a clean motel, and one that you drive your car up to the door and don't mind a room without updated locks, you will enjoy this motel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TucsonWorldTraveler
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed on the 2nd floor. The room was clean. It's in great location and didn't hear any traffic.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

When I go to San Diego for a TV show I usually stay at my fave hotel around this area but because of the ComiCon could not get a room.
I ended up finding that the only hotel with availabilities was this one.
No wonder! This must be a former lousy motel transformed into a Best Western.
Check in was barely ok though the lady in attendance seemed so bored that it made the experience even worse.
My room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the back of the hotel/motel, so as to avoid noise as much as possible. But these rooms are so poorly insulated that I could hear everything....It seemed the traffic was going through my bathroom.
If you are cold or hot and turn the heating/AC on the noise is so loud there is no way one can fall asleep.
The carpet needed cleaning and I am not sure how often the bed covers are cleaned.

As I did not manage to sleep at all during one of my worst hotel night ever I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anybody.

ps: one good point: wifi was free

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business