“Good for the price”
Review of Pleasant Inn

Pleasant Inn
Ranked #197 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed March 29, 2012

The room was kind of small but very clean. The hotel offers complementary cold and hot breakfast and it was actually pretty good. They have free parking and it is located right off the freeway close to a Walmart and a few attractions. It was affordable and pretty good for the price.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank leslie z
BWGoldenTriangleInn, General Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2012

Thank you for your business and we appreciate your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Pleasant Inn

Reviewed January 12, 2012

The room was nice enough and it actually did have everything I wanted on first impressions. I stayed 3 nights and it was in staying longer that the gaps started to appear. Firstly, the Continental Breakfast was nice until I realised that I needed to buy my own paper bowls and plates to use as the PLASTIC plates provided melted with a warm/hot piece of toast. Next when we came back after a day out, we found that although they provided a daily room service this meant that they removed the garbage, made your bed, BUT they also took the soap you had only just opened and didn't replace it. This was the same for the coffee. I was not impressed. So it was OK, but I would not stay there again. It is sad because I really enjoy MOST Best Westerns.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ness C
BWGoldenTriangleInn, General Manager at Pleasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2012

Thank you for your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for not meeting your expectations and will be taking steps to address your concerns.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Easy acces to this hotel. Average room. Very helpfull frontdesk personnel. The BW is located opposite of some restaurants. There is a great Chinese buffet restaurant. Very very good. There is a guest laundry.It is a ok room for a good price. The hotel is aside a busy road. But we slept o.k. No problem. There are also rooms at the back. Enough variety of breakfast. Very good coffee.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leentje_11
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We typically stay at another favorite hotel nearby in Kearney-Mesa but was unable to so this was the backup. The pros: A friendly young man checked us in and the bed was comfortable. The motel is dated but my room was exceptionally clean. These three reasons are why the hotel has been rated average. The cons: Traffic can be heard; didn't like the flimsy window next to the door and flimsy 1980s dated chain lock on the door; could easily hear both sets of my neighbors on either side of the room; the breakfast was terrible, which is frustrating since how can you mess up cereal and milk? Overall, I did not feel safe as I typically do in San Diego and did not feel like relaxation was a possibility given the surroundings. If you are looking for a clean motel, and one that you drive your car up to the door and don't mind a room without updated locks, you will enjoy this motel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TucsonWorldTraveler
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed on the 2nd floor. The room was clean. It's in great location and didn't hear any traffic.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2011

When I go to San Diego for a TV show I usually stay at my fave hotel around this area but because of the ComiCon could not get a room.
I ended up finding that the only hotel with availabilities was this one.
No wonder! This must be a former lousy motel transformed into a Best Western.
Check in was barely ok though the lady in attendance seemed so bored that it made the experience even worse.
My room was on the 3rd floor overlooking the back of the hotel/motel, so as to avoid noise as much as possible. But these rooms are so poorly insulated that I could hear everything....It seemed the traffic was going through my bathroom.
If you are cold or hot and turn the heating/AC on the noise is so loud there is no way one can fall asleep.
The carpet needed cleaning and I am not sure how often the bed covers are cleaned.

As I did not manage to sleep at all during one of my worst hotel night ever I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel to anybody.

ps: one good point: wifi was free

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank vorsoni
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I was looking for a no-frills affordable place to stay for my family during a visit to San Diego. This hotel did not let me down. It was quiet, in a pretty nice area, and close to everything we wanted to see. The price was amazing and I got more than everything I expected from my stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family