“Average hotel, clean, but had to tackle steps with luggage”

Quality Inn San Diego Miramar
Ranked #185 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed for one night on September 21 2013. Check in was simple and quick. Parking no problem. Went to take my three bags to my room and went from the check in area to the second floor and found there was no way to get up to the second floor without hitting steps. I broke my bag getting up the steps because I accidently dropped it trying to negotiate steps with roll bags. Room was clean and a nice size. View was of a Carl's Jr. and another hotel. Not noisy at this location, actually got a good night sleep. Never turned on the TV but I saw they have HBO. Continental breakfast was a bit short on offerings but it was better than nothing. Kind of a weird setup in a basement or something, felt like I was underground having breakfast. Overall OK stay, was a good value for the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Dear John Venezia
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us, we appreciate your views regarding our grounds and rooms. I am sincerely sorry to hear about the mishap with your luggage. I’m happy that you enjoyed our newly remodeled rooms and had a good night sleep on our new beds. Indeed we do have movie channels available that not only include HBO and Showtime but also hi-def channels as well. It is nice to hear that our location worked well for your trip to San Diego. We look forward to our next opportunity to provide you with pleasant and comfortable accommodation on future visits.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn San Diego Miramar

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is a good motel at a great price! And the staff are great.Allso if you are going to spend some time in your room? Free on demand on the tv.w/HBO and Showtime!! This is unheard of at a motel. Mic/fridge,pool ,pretty good breakfast.So you get a lot for your money. I have stayed at 2 and 2.5 stars that did not live up to this motel and paid a lot more for it! So yes I have and will stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

I would like to first start by saying Thank You for your wonderful and informative comment . Your great feedback lets us know that we are providing a great service and specifically a great value to our guests. We are happy to hear that you had utilized most of our amenities. As you have highlighted in your review all our rooms are newly furnished and also equipped with 40” hi-def flat screen tvs. We also take pride in providing a great selection in our complimentary breakfast which includes sausage, bacon, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles, fruit, yogurt, cereal, juice, and a great variety of breads and pastries. We hope to provide an even greater experience for you on your next visit to our hotel. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Room was dark, crowded with no closet, no vent in bath and overlooked the drive-thru at Carl Jr's. It definately was not cheap, but should have been. The photos online were done with considerable "artistic license". I'm usually not picky, but would never stay in this again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for the feedback regarding the lack of utilities in your room, and I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay here. Your review was shared with our maintenance staff and we want you to know that we are looking into key areas that you pointed out. I once again apologize that aspects of your stay were rough, but note that we will make sure that all future guests will have a great experience due to your feedback. Thank you.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a night during a business trip in August, 2013. Everyone I talked to was friendly, which was good. On the downside, the room was not ready for me when I went to check in (after 3pm) and the hallway by my room and the room itself smelled musty. The breakfast room is small, and a sign on the door asks guests not to take food from the room, so finding seating may be a problem (I had to wait for a table).

I would not call my experience here negative; I would consider staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Your review is greatly appreciated as it helps us improve our hotel. Your satisfaction is important to us and I apologize if you were not completely satisfied with your stay here. I have brought to the attention of our housekeepers the issue with the smell and are working hard from this ever occurring to any future gusts. As for the issue of the breakfast room I will let the owners know that the incrasingly popularity of it has limited our available sitting at any given time. I hope that you give us another opportunity on your next business trip back to our area.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was drawn to this hotel becaus of its proximity to my business meeting. It seemed to be priced fairly and was acceptable except There was no hot water in the shower or sink which made for a very uncomfortable shower and long day

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Jimmy E, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

I sincerely apologized that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will continue to work hard to surpass your expectations. Typically we have the front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance departments working all together to make sure that all the problems are addressed. Our staff is in constant contact and any issues that arise are typically addressed immediately. We have notified our maintenance staff about the issue. They are looking into what occurred and on how to prevent this so it never happens again. I really do hope that you give us another opportunity not only to meet your expectations but to surpass them. On behalf of myself and our entire staff I sincerely apologize again.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I would like to say i had the best 2 days of my life at this Quality Inn
got check in/out with no problem
breakfast was great just needs scramble eggs
overall I will be back
Jimmy/Carol at front desk was excellent I love that Carol she help me with everything

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank cathy j

Thank you for reviewing your stay here. I have shared your comments with our staff and we are happy to hear that our emphasis on customer service is being noticed. Our breakfast is indeed great and happy to hear you enjoyed the sausage, bacon, waffles, yogurt, juices, coffee, breads and pastries. Your feedback is important to us and your suggestions are being noted and will be considering what is best for our guests. Again I thank you for your time and hope to see you in the near future.