“Friendly environment”

Quality Inn San Diego Miramar
Ranked #185 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. We travelled with our kids and our grandkids and the staff worked to get our rooms close together. We had no problems and our trip was a wonderful time for our family. General Manager Rocky Mountain was very personable and saw that our needs were met.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul F
Erik L, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you for your kind and wonderful comments. Our staff understands that each guests have different needs and request and we always try to accommodate for each unique situation. We strive to make each travel for our guests memorable and enjoyable. We hope that you come and visit us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn San Diego Miramar

Reviewed July 31, 2012

In all my years on the road, I have never had such caring service. From the moment we arrived until our departure the staff showed genuine interest in my wife and I having a terrific experience. A gentleman named Rocky Mountain was especially thoughtful. I left my suit at the hotel when I left and dicovered the mis-deed when we arrived home in Oakhurst, California.

I called the hotel and Rocky treated me as a long loss brother. He has a wonderful sense of humar and responded when I told him about leaving my suit there he said I know that you did because I am wearing it. He said, no problem. I will mail it to you. I am sure he went out of his way to see that I would recover the suit. And it arrived as he said it would. I recommend to all travelers that you consider the Quality Inn Miramar. The staff shines with loving energy and a caring demeanor. Angelo from Oakhurst

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with us. Your feedback provides management with insight on how well our staff is is delivering the best customer service. Your story is a great example of how our staff is accommodating, caring, and thoughtful. We will continue to build on this core of friendly and loving staff. On behalf of our staff, thank you for letting us know that your appreciate our services.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed here while on business for 4 nights On the first night I went to use the toilet and there was still crap and toilet paper in it I called to complained all I got was a sorry and I'll tell the manager. He never apologize and no offer to move to another room. The next day the cleaning crew failed to dump the old coffee or fliter or dump the ice bucket. The same thing happened everyday except for my last night they didn't even leave coffee for the morning. They have rooms in the basement and the only view you get are front bumpers or people's feet. The breakfast sucked. The first morning it looked like somebody went thought and took all the bread for toast, fruit and left a couple of hard boiled eggs, and a couple of mini hmuffins. All I wanted was a banana. The gym sucked. The best thing was the TV and the bed was alright

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

I sincerely apologized that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will continue to work hard to surpass your expectations. We have a full-time breakfast attendant who makes sure that the breakfast presentation is nice and neat and our inventory is stocked. Our staff is trained be extremely accommodating. If the the staff member did not ask you if you wanted to switch rooms, I sincerely apologize again. We have a full-time housekeeping department that checks each room thoroughly before they proceed to the next room. Our housekeepers are meticulous and check their checklist for each single room. I really do hope that you give us another chance, because I am confident that you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Being NON smokers and travelling with a disabled child they put us on the third floor - no elevator!!!! in a SMOKING room which smelled disgusting. Had to carry all the luggage and the wheelchair up 3 flights.The carpet looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a long time and there were cigarette burn marks all over the toilet seat. When I asked for a different room, there weren't any available according to the front desk person and they did nothing to help accommodate us. Had to endure noisy neighbors, awful smells from people cooking in their microwaves and a very loud fan throughout the night. We counting the hours to get out of there in the morning. I have no clue how people could give this hotel high ratings.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank H H

We sincerely apologize about your inconvenience on your stay with us. There are definitely some key points in your stay which are unacceptable. Typically when our staff is notified that there are noise complaints, our front desk will notify the guests who are making loud noises to stop. The guests who continue to make noise and disturb the other guests will be asked to leave or the front desk will notify the police. We go to great lengths to make any accommodations for our guests. We have policies in place to never put a non-smoking family in a smoking room. We will make sure that all requests are being answered and accounted for. We strive to make each guest's experience as pleasant as possible. I apologize once again that your stay did not meet your expectations, but I hope that you give us another chance to provide a superior experience.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you are a hermit this is not the place to be. For crashing out, it’s great. It’s located within 15 minutes from just about any location in San Diego. This place has flat screen TV and a decent continental breakfast. We had a small sink with hot plate and the room was expertly cleaned. The only complaint was the back door was never locked the whole time we were there. I mention it to the clerk and he told me that he would check it out. For a person on a budget and who want to avoid the congestion and noise this is a good little hide out.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us. We continue to work hard to provide an excellent stay for our guests. Your feedback lets us know that our property is headed in the right direction and we will continue to build on our core of a courteous staff and excellent customer service. Customer safety is always an important issue for our staff and we have a full-time maintenance department that checks each lock and fixes any locks that are not properly working. Any damaged locks are reported to the maintenance department right away and the issues are addressed immediately. We are glad you had a great stay with us and I hope you come visit us again shortly.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was relocating from the bay area to san diego and needed to be close to scripps ranch. Holiday Inn's prices & Room pictures did not do it for me and I kept looking till I found Quality Inn. The Price was right and when I showed up exhausted after the drive my credit card was maxing out. The Front desk were super nice - Instead of booking me for the duration 6 weeks they suggested I take just three weeks - so that the credit card would go through.

I was escorted to my room which at first blush did not seem special - I complained I didnt have a king size bed and grouchily agreed to the two queen beds As a couple of days passed by I realized how absolutely nice the room was with super clean everything and spacious to a fault. IN fact the maids used to hit my room with religious regularity every day tile I was like "whoa - back off - its enough if we clean the rooms once every other day" I appreciated that very much

The sit out by the front desk was like a family hangout with a bunch of us regular's stopping by or just relaxing a bit and watching the pool ( NICE POOL ) and having some fresh Joe - There were a bunch of Arab kids who passed by whom we got to know and a regular bunch of Indian IT kids who became friends with whom I would go downtown on weekends - point is something about this place and the lounge and the super friendly Front Desk Staff - that makes this experience not just another hotel

I appreciated every moment I stayed here

Then there was our Amigo who would drive us around to wherever we needed to go and would come by and pick us up after we were done - truly with a cheerful smile - a pick up drop off service at your asking.

I dont think its the money anymore but if I needed to stay around Miramar - I would choose Quality Inn without hesitation.

GD Venkatarama

Room Tip: If you choose the lower level - you get a nice shady feel in your room with sunlight filtering throu...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your terrific experience with our property. We strive to be assertive in helping and supporting our guests in all their travel situations. Our staff understands that relocating is not easy and we try making the transition as easy as possible. We are glad you had such a memorable experience with our driver, our housekeepers, and everyone who works in the property. We will continue to work hard and make sure that the rooms are clean, the guests like welcomed, and create a friendly environment. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for providing us feedback and we want to continue to make sure that our quality reminds high and our guests continue to come back. We appreciate your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights to attend the Comic-con event and I chose this place because I'm familiar with the Quality Inn brand and have had good experiences. Unfortunately, this particular hotel doesn't live up to the brand. While it's generally okay if you're desperate for a place to stay a night or two, I had a few problems. First and foremost, the air conditioner in our room was making a loud rattling noise that made sleep very difficult. I reported this to the front desk every day of my stay, and every day they said "maintenance will look at it and fix it." Nothing was ever done about the AC. The shower head was leaky and actually popped off at one point, the water pressure was very low as well. The bathroom has no vent or fan in it, so prepared to be stifled in there, unless you leave the door open. If the management would give their building a little more TLC, and would have addressed the AC issue, I would give this 3 stars and a stronger recommendation.

On the plus side, the hotel is located right next to the I-15 and it's a fairly quick drive on the 163 highway to downtown San Diego. There's also a Carl's Jr. restaurant right next door, and a few gas stations right nearby, which is all convenient.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Valkyrie_Kate

Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey and providing management with insightful feedback on how to deliver the best customer experience. I sincerely apologize for not matching your expectations during your stay at our property. We certainly have a full-time maintenance employee who is very meticulous in fixing anything that is damaged. We will make sure that the front desk, housekeepers, and maintenance department are all working together to make sure that all of our guests needs are being taken cared of. We strive to make your stay with us as comfortable and relaxing as possible. We do not overlook any aspect of the guest's stay with us and we hope that you can give us another chance to provide you a wonderful experience.