“Great Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #182 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Rancho Cordova, California, United States
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

If you are a hermit this is not the place to be. For crashing out, it’s great. It’s located within 15 minutes from just about any location in San Diego. This place has flat screen TV and a decent continental breakfast. We had a small sink with hot plate and the room was expertly cleaned. The only complaint was the back door was never locked the whole time we were there. I mention it to the clerk and he told me that he would check it out. For a person on a budget and who want to avoid the congestion and noise this is a good little hide out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Erik L, Manager at Quality Inn San Diego Miramar, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us. We continue to work hard to provide an excellent stay for our guests. Your feedback lets us know that our property is headed in the right direction and we will continue to build on our core of a courteous staff and excellent customer service. Customer safety is always an important issue for our staff and we have a full-time maintenance department that checks each lock and fixes any locks that are not properly working. Any damaged locks are reported to the maintenance department right away and the issues are addressed immediately. We are glad you had a great stay with us and I hope you come visit us again shortly.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Diego, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was relocating from the bay area to san diego and needed to be close to scripps ranch. Holiday Inn's prices & Room pictures did not do it for me and I kept looking till I found Quality Inn. The Price was right and when I showed up exhausted after the drive my credit card was maxing out. The Front desk were super nice - Instead of booking me for the duration 6 weeks they suggested I take just three weeks - so that the credit card would go through.

I was escorted to my room which at first blush did not seem special - I complained I didnt have a king size bed and grouchily agreed to the two queen beds As a couple of days passed by I realized how absolutely nice the room was with super clean everything and spacious to a fault. IN fact the maids used to hit my room with religious regularity every day tile I was like "whoa - back off - its enough if we clean the rooms once every other day" I appreciated that very much

The sit out by the front desk was like a family hangout with a bunch of us regular's stopping by or just relaxing a bit and watching the pool ( NICE POOL ) and having some fresh Joe - There were a bunch of Arab kids who passed by whom we got to know and a regular bunch of Indian IT kids who became friends with whom I would go downtown on weekends - point is something about this place and the lounge and the super friendly Front Desk Staff - that makes this experience not just another hotel

I appreciated every moment I stayed here

Then there was our Amigo who would drive us around to wherever we needed to go and would come by and pick us up after we were done - truly with a cheerful smile - a pick up drop off service at your asking.

I dont think its the money anymore but if I needed to stay around Miramar - I would choose Quality Inn without hesitation.

GD Venkatarama

Room Tip: If you choose the lower level - you get a nice shady feel in your room with sunlight filtering throu...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your terrific experience with our property. We strive to be assertive in helping and supporting our guests in all their travel situations. Our staff understands that relocating is not easy and we try making the transition as easy as possible. We are glad you had such a memorable experience with our driver, our housekeepers, and everyone who works in the property. We will continue to work hard and make sure that the rooms are clean, the guests like welcomed, and create a friendly environment. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for providing us feedback and we want to continue to make sure that our quality reminds high and our guests continue to come back. We appreciate your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights to attend the Comic-con event and I chose this place because I'm familiar with the Quality Inn brand and have had good experiences. Unfortunately, this particular hotel doesn't live up to the brand. While it's generally okay if you're desperate for a place to stay a night or two, I had a few problems. First and foremost, the air conditioner in our room was making a loud rattling noise that made sleep very difficult. I reported this to the front desk every day of my stay, and every day they said "maintenance will look at it and fix it." Nothing was ever done about the AC. The shower head was leaky and actually popped off at one point, the water pressure was very low as well. The bathroom has no vent or fan in it, so prepared to be stifled in there, unless you leave the door open. If the management would give their building a little more TLC, and would have addressed the AC issue, I would give this 3 stars and a stronger recommendation.

On the plus side, the hotel is located right next to the I-15 and it's a fairly quick drive on the 163 highway to downtown San Diego. There's also a Carl's Jr. restaurant right next door, and a few gas stations right nearby, which is all convenient.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Valkyrie_Kate
Thank you for taking the time to complete this survey and providing management with insightful feedback on how to deliver the best customer experience. I sincerely apologize for not matching your expectations during your stay at our property. We certainly have a full-time maintenance employee who is very meticulous in fixing anything that is damaged. We will make sure that the front desk, housekeepers, and maintenance department are all working together to make sure that all of our guests needs are being taken cared of. We strive to make your stay with us as comfortable and relaxing as possible. We do not overlook any aspect of the guest's stay with us and we hope that you can give us another chance to provide you a wonderful experience.

Carson, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were very friendly at this hotel. Breakfast was delicious as well. I went back a second time, and had another great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you sharing kind comments about your stay with our property. Your compliments lets our entire staff know that our hard-work is paying off. We strive to make each customer experience pleasant and memorable and your feedback certainly verifies that for us. We have placed a great deal of emphasis on customer service and creating a friendly environment. We look forward to seeing you in the nearby future.

Corte Madera, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

i recently stayed a week at the quality inn and i enjoyed my stay. the staff were friendly and professional. the gm Rocky was very friendly. informed me on all that san diego has to offer. the rooms were quiet and clean. will be staying again when i return for a visit in september.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us. We strive to provide the best customer service and each staff member is extremely assertive in being as helpful and supportive as possible. Many times, our guests are visiting the area for the first time and our staff want to share the knowledge they have about the area. We are glad you had such a memorable experience with us. We will continue to improve in all aspects and we hope to see you in the nearby future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

The rooms are always clean and fresh with lots of extra towels. The staff always have friendly smiles to greet you when you walk into the lobby!!! Rocky mountain the gm of quality inn always makes sure to give me the best room and rate that's available during my stay and I always feel like I'm at home!!!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank briannafayew
Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience you had with us. At our property, we place a major emphasis on customer service and making accommodations to all of our guest's needs. We find that a friendly staff makes the traveling for our guests so much more relaxing and enjoyable. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will continue to build on our strong core of helpful staff members and providing superior customer service. Please come and visit us again shortly.

National City, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Everytime im around the area (which is often) i stay here and i love the staff. Rocky is so sweet and very helpful with any questions i have. I am actually shocked at all the bad reviews. My room is always perfectly clean and housekeeping is so friendly. I hardly eat breakfast at any hotel but they had an assortment of pastries and drinks. The location is perfect because its right off the freeway and close to an assortment of shopping centers after a long day of shopping its nice to come back to my comfy room with an amazing selections of cable on the flatscreen tv! I cant complain at all! wont stay at any other place when im in town.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments about your stay with us. We hope that you enjoyed the friendly environment that we have created. Our staff are always looking to helpful and supportive. Each department works together to make sure that the travel experience is memorable and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again shortly.