All reviews mission bay breakfast room sea world free breakfast breakfast burrito hot items yogurt easy access clean rooms convenient location would stay here again a great place to stay old town stayed nights every morning staff was very friendly and helpful pleasant stay
Reviewed April 27, 2018

The rooms were so so. Bath room small. Had to call to get TV to work. Had to step up and down and almost fell since no sign in room. Breakfast was OK but some times late. Coffee was good and hot. Would not stay here. Bed hard and pillows small.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jesse D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2018

Reviewed April 18, 2018

This is a great option for the San Diego area. It is easy to get to (just off of I-5 across from De Anza Cove) and offers comfortable rooms and a very good breakfast (eggs, meat, waffles, bagels, oatmeal, pastries, yogurt, etc). The hot tub is small, but effective (a great way to relax after a long day of driving).

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jesse D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback.

Reviewed April 11, 2018

Room was clean, bed was very comfortable, bathroom/shower were very functional. Bonus point : Breakfast was the best surprise, it wasn't the sad continental breakfast with a couple of fruits and coffee. It had a lot of options for a full breakfast included in the price. The property and area are very safe. Very close to the water and a quick Uber ride away from downtown. Bus stop is right there to downtown as well.

Room Tip: Pool and hot tub
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled on business
Jesse D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2018

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed March 30, 2018

I stayed here for five nights. This turned out to be a horrible mistake.
When I arrived, the outside temperature was in the low 50's, yet I noticed that almost all of the windows in most of the guest rooms were open. Strange considering the outside temperature.
Upon entering the room, the air smelled moldy, mildewy and putrid. I called the front desk and they said they will handle it. Needless to say, they did nothing. I don't know what they could have done, other than a complete model. I visited two nearby rooms that friends were staying in and they had the same smelly, vile smell.
This Best Western or "Worst Western" location is NOT a hotel but is a very old, obsolete motel. All of the rooms face the parking lot. There are no interior hallways, like in a hotel. The parking lot is noisy, both day and night. The walkway outside the rooms on the second and third floor is tile and this amplifies the noise of suitcases being wheeled to each and every room, day and night.
There is a small pool and spa in the middle of the parking lot. It provides the same ambiance as eating lunch in a bathroom.
The motel appears to be at least 40 years old and the tiny bathroom is reflective of this.
The room that offers the complimentary breakfast is much, much too small to accommodate the number of guest rooms and guests that this location attracts. There were long lines of guests waiting for the "free" breakfast that went out the door and when you got to the front of the line, there was nowhere to sit. For "Free" it was not worth the price.
When I was there, 3/22/18-3/27/18, occupancy seemed to be at 100%. I assume that this is because this place that carries a national name is cheap, for the area. I made the mistake of buying a Groupon at paid only $522.59 including tax. I'll never make this mistake again!
I stayed at different Best Western Hotels at least twenty times in 2017. This might be my last time staying at this chain.

Room Tip: It's my opinion that a good room would be in another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mel S
Jesse D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2018

Reviewed March 28, 2018

First of all, we bought a cheap rate for this hotel (on Groupon), so, we didn't expect much of it. We were wrong!
Yes, it's old building, not a new fancy one. But!
1. Staff was VERY friendly.
2. Room was neat, well maintained and EXTREMELY clean. Yes, my wife is a clean-freak, so, if I am saying that she was surprised - the room was really VERY clean.
3. Breakfast was awesome (once again - for a very cheap rate that we got). A lot of various choices, much better than in many hotels I used to stay in.
4. Location was great. 5 min by FEET to the beach. 2 blocks to beautiful Orthodox church. Very close drive to many restaurants and attractions.
5. Nice and clean pool outside.

Summary - highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
Jesse D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2018

Thank you Vitaliy for your review of our hotel. We appreciate the kind words. Visit us again on your next trip to San Diego.