“A hidden Gem in San Diego”

BEST WESTERN Mission Bay
Ranked #93 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Thousand Oaks, California
“A hidden Gem in San Diego”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

I read all the ratings before I booked the Best Western Mission Bay. Couldn't believe it could be as good as I was reading for the price I was given. Well it is everything and more. It is a 3 floor hotel with elevator and easy to climb stairs. The room was just beautiful, as nice as a 5 star hotel I had previously stayed in. They offer a free breakfast with juic3, coffee, eggs, bacon, waffles, donuts, toast, danish and more. I couldn't believe how much when I walked in. The room was a bit small but people were nice with making room. This hotel is so close to Old Town and Sea World you never need to get back on the freeway unless you chooose to. I went up to Mission Bay and followed that into Old Town. Rooms are a great size also and lots of parking available. Its a fantastic hotel to choose and I will stay here on my next San Diego visit. The staff was the friendliest people I have ever met. The man who checked me in made sure I was happy and under stood everything. Pool has a code and he explainex that and it opened very easily. Nice pool abd nice spa. I liked that when I checked in the gentleman wrote the pool code and breakfast hours on the paper that held the room key. Very very professional and friendly. I didnt want to go home. Great Hotel. Thank You Best Western Mission Bay for making my two days the best ever.

Room Tip: Know it is as nice as it sounds. I stayed on the 3rd floor facing the office. Beautiful views. Ai...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Jan K
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Good Afternoon,

I am trilled to know you had a fantastic stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our staff, service and our Hot Continental Breakfast.

If you ever return to San Diego, you’re welcome to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Healdsburg, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

After staying at a Hilton Hotel for three days and two nights (see Houston TX), we stayed three nights at this Best Western. The price of the room was not in the $199 a night range (Hilton standard), but it was "half-way" between meeting an old friend (south) and see a family member (north). We didn't expect much, but we were very surprised. PROS: 1) The reception representatives were outstanding. True-Glad-To-See-You California greetings, attention to detail and attitude that may us feel welcomed each time. 2) The room was clean and fresh, including the bathroom (which the water was even and "gauged" correctly the temperature you prefer). 3) HDTV, WiFi reception, coffee maker, hair dryer with bathroom condiments, and the air conditioner were great with no problems. 4) The Beds. I have a "bad back" (my own fault and problem), but I use this condition to help decide if a bed is comfortable or not. The "bed" was not only extraordinary - they were "beyond belief". As good or better than my bed at home. Not a single discomfort during naps or nightly slumber. 5) The rooms were cleaned each day, even if we slept in. When we would leave to go out, we would see housekeeping had already passed our door, but when we got back by the late afternoon or evening - they were "clean" perfectly. 6) They provided a "deluxe" continental breakfast (included in the price of the room) which were completely separate from the office with ample tables and chairs . If you ever had a continental breakfast, you know the kind of "fare" provided. NOT this place. They had coffee, water-for-tea, regular & 2%milk, three different juices, at least three cereals, "ready-to-be-made-waffles (by you), fresh fruit and served Jimmy Dean Breakfast sandwiches, or cheese burritos or scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes (served on different days) along with bread, bagels, muffins (to be toasted) and all the condiments you need. CONS: We didn't know that the days we stayed was Easter week and the place was "full" by Saturday night for the next two days. Even then, the "crowd" did not affect us - except a high school boys baseball team, which we had players in rooms on each side of us. They were forever "going back and forth" to each other's room and "banging on each other's door" (the loudest noise) but the "noise" overall was acceptable.

Room Tip: Never hurts to contact the hotel a day or two ahead and make sure your preferences were booked corre...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah G
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking time to write about your recent stay with the Best Western Mission Bay. It is wonderful to see that you had an enjoyable experience and were happy with the cleanliness of our rooms and service

Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer care and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you. It is wonderful that our staff took proactive measures to make your stay more comfortable and assure your room was clean upon your return.

When you return to the San Diego area, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

We look forward to your return!

Yuma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

This hotel was very clean and the staff were friendly. The hotel served a different breakfast course each day to accompany their regular daily meals so you could have variety. The pool was crystal clear and the beds were comfortable. Great Place to Stay!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am happy to know you had a great stay and were happy with our rooms and comfortable beds. I appreciate your compliments to our pool, I will pass your comments to our maintenance team. Thank you!

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to contact me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Thank you again for your review!

Indio, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

I got an extremely great price which I believe was an error so I may be a bit overly excited, however I can't complain about anything. They honored the price I paid and didn't give me any hassle, plus still provided me with all the extras included like the free breakfast and wi-fi access. Best continental breakfast I have ever had with lots of choices! Regular rate was very high on that specific day we stayed, but I checked other dates and it seems very reasonable! I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed April 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us Here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am delighted that you were happy with your stay. I appreciate your compliments to our staff, rooms, location and breakfast. I will pass your comments to our staff. Thank you!

Thank you again for your review!

Columbus, OH, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

For the price, this was a nice hotel in a great location. On multiple buslines which made travel without a rental car easy. Helpful, friendly staff, good breakfast (unfortunately few gluten-free options), great housekeeping, very clean rooms.

Good Morning,

Thank you for sharing your trip experience here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I’ am glad you were happy with our accommodations and staff. I appreciate your compliments to our location, rooms, breakfast and staff. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay we work hard to deliver a great service and clean rooms, and I’m glad we were able to provide that for you.

Please let me know when you plan on staying with us again so I can assist you with your reservations. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Once again thank you for your review,

Whittier, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel is attractive but the room itself was lacking. The pull-out drawer was broken. There was a dried contact in the cradle of the phone and the TV was "snowy" on most every channel. One person said it was fixed and another said it was a Time Warner problem & wouldn't be fixed anytime soon.

Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am sorry to hear that the t.v was snowy for some of the channels during your stay here with us, we had an issue with our cable provider and it has been fixed, sorry for the inconvenience. If you have a moment I would like to know which room you stayed in so we can have our maintenance team repair the broken drawer you mention.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If I can provide any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Rockville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pros: Best western Mission Bay San Deigo is a decent hotel. The location and service is good. The complimentary continental breakfast is good too. The hotel has a huge parking lot, which is a plus. Cons: i found a big cockroach in the bathroom. The carpets were dirty.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 17, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the challenges you experience during your stay. If you have a moment I would love to know which room number you stayed in so we can take care of the issue. We are currently in the process of replacing the carpets, because of guest comments like yours. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our hotel, location, parking and breakfast. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to make every guest stay a great experience and I will use your feedback to verify our rooms are in full working order.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for all of your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz