“Nice looking on the outside, but..............”

Best Western Mission Bay
Ranked #101 of 279 Hotels in San Diego
Whittier, United States
“Nice looking on the outside, but..............”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The hotel is attractive but the room itself was lacking. The pull-out drawer was broken. There was a dried contact in the cradle of the phone and the TV was "snowy" on most every channel. One person said it was fixed and another said it was a Time Warner problem & wouldn't be fixed anytime soon.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am sorry to hear that the t.v was snowy for some of the channels during your stay here with us, we had an issue with our cable provider and it has been fixed, sorry for the inconvenience. If you have a moment I would like to know which room you stayed in so we can have our maintenance team repair the broken drawer you mention.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. If I can provide any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Rockville, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Pros: Best western Mission Bay San Deigo is a decent hotel. The location and service is good. The complimentary continental breakfast is good too. The hotel has a huge parking lot, which is a plus. Cons: i found a big cockroach in the bathroom. The carpets were dirty.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 17, 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for the challenges you experience during your stay. If you have a moment I would love to know which room number you stayed in so we can take care of the issue. We are currently in the process of replacing the carpets, because of guest comments like yours. Thank you.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our hotel, location, parking and breakfast. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to make every guest stay a great experience and I will use your feedback to verify our rooms are in full working order.

When you return to San Diego, please feel free to contact me directly for all of your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Tucson, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Found a brown recluse looking spider in the bathroom. Remote did not work. Huge gap under the door to the out side. Noise from the laundry room next door started early. No parking near the room. Blah, blah, blah, blah. This is making me use up 200 characters to do this review. I like short and sweet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am sincerely sorry for the maintenance issue you experience during your stay. If you have a moment I would love to know which room you stayed in so we have the opportunity to fix the problem right away.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. I am confident that if given another chance we will be able to show you a wonderful hotel. Please feel free to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I feel the location is not so convenient close to shopping mall and restaurants. Because we do not have a private car, it would cost us $20 go to restaurant for dinner. The bus #105 can take us to OLd Town. I really enjoyed the breakfast, which save 3 of us some money. Besides, the charged of room rate is quite reasonable compared with other hotels.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am happy to know you were happy with our breakfast and rooms. Though our property is not next to a shopping mall, we are within walking distance to shopping center and restaurants. We also have public transportation that will take you a transit station.

We hope you come back and stay with us again. If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The hotel staff were for the most part, outstanding, especially the buffet breakfast lady. She treated my 4 year old granddaughter very well and even though she was very busy, she was very nice. The room was ok for the price and not far from all the usual tourist sites. If you just need a clean bed and room with the free buffet breakfast, this will work.

Good Afternoon,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am happy to know you had a great stay and were happy with our location, room and breakfast.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our Breakfast staff. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care and clean room and I'm glad we were able to provide that for you.

When you return to San Diego area, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Riverside, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014

I got a king size bed room. It was just me so I had plenty of space. The wifi was fine and I had a corner room. Climate control was easy, nice shower, powerful toilet, everything clean. I stayed 2 nights, so I left a $3 dollar tip for the 1st full day.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Good Afternoon,

Thank you so much for taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am happy to know you had a wonderful stay and were happy with our amenities, location and cleanliness of our rooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon! If I can provide with any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I really like this hotel....it is close to everything (ie. mission bay, sea world, old town, little italy, the airport, downtown, etc...). It is also right off the freeway which is convenient. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the breakfast is very good. The staff is also kind. I recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay

I am happy to see that you were thrilled with the room cleanliness, location, breakfast and staff. Thank you so much for your compliments to our staff, I’m glad everyone was friendly and helpful. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we strive to deliver superior customer care and intend to do that through our excellent team members.

Please let me know when you return to San Diego, as I would be happy to assist you with reservations. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Thank you again for your review!