“Great Service. Good room. Very cost effective”

Best Western Mission Bay
Ranked #110 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Cupertino, United States
“Great Service. Good room. Very cost effective”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

By mistake, I book the room for 01/29/2014, instead of 12/29/2013. So, the front desk person could not find my reservation. But he took the effort to search around and found my name on different date. He helped me to clean up my mistake and honored the same room rate. That's very helpful. The room is roomy, with plenty of lights. The bed is firm and clean. The only thing I would complain is the big noise when people flush toilet. The Wifi signal is strong and easy to get access internet. Though the hotel is close to highway 91, but I don't hear big noise from highway traffic at night. The free breakfast is far better than I expect. Hot food is provided. Even better yet, the hot food is changed each day. So, you won't get bored with the breakfast if you stay here for more than 1 night. Also, there are quite some tables for people to eat breakfast in the dining area. So, no need to bring food back to your own room. Overall, I am very happy with this hotel and their service. I tell my wife that if we come to San Diego again, this is the hotel to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I was so happy to see we were able to find your reservation and accommodate you. Thank you so much for your compliments to our hotel, I am glad you enjoyed you stay and was happy with our rooms.

When you return to San Diego, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz for your reservation needs.

We look forward to your return,

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Minneapolis, United States
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Good value for price and close to Sea World, beaches and I5. The breakfast is your standard fare continental breakfast food. Staff are very pleasant and helpful. Room was comfortable and the wireless internet was helpful

Good Morning,

Thank you for taking time to share your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I was so happy to see you were happy with our location, breakfast and Internet. I really appreciate your compliments to our staff. We work hard to provide a superior guest experience, and I'm glad we were able to provide that for you.

If I can be of further assistance in the future, feel free to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

San Diego
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The room was very clean, good size, with microwave and refrigerator. The free continental breakfast was very good and very generous. The only thing wrong was that the sink had a very slow drain. Any housekeeper would have to have known of this situation every time she cleaned this sink. We should not have to have had to report this.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Elizabeth H
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the rime to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I was so happy to see you were happy with our clean rooms, property and amenities.

I’m sorry you had to report the sink being slow. We had our maintenance team take care of it. We will also bring this matter to our next meeting to ensure all employees are communicating properly.

We look forward to your return,

Sunnyvale, United States
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Good location just off Hwy 5. Spacious room, inexpensive price for San Diego, gym had good elliptical and universal weight machines. I do wish hotels would provide a high definition signal if they upgrade to flat screen TVs. I hate the "stretched" aspect ratio for the lo-def 4 x 3 signals and having to change it with the TV settings every time I turn it on. If the TV companies are ripping off the hotels for the hi-def signal (likely) then just stay with the old 4 x 3 CRT televisions.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
I appreciate you taking time to share your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am happy to know you were happy with our spacious rooms and gym. Our location is just off the freeway making very convenient to get to your destinations. I see that you were unhappy with our T.V’s, I have forward your comments to our General Manager to keep in mind for your next renovations.

Thank you again for your review. When you return to the area, you’re welcome to contact me directly for your reservation needs. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

Phoenix, United States
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Hotel is clean, great friendly staff, clean rooms and property, nice fitness room, breakfast does a great job with hot items and standard cold breakfast items, right off the freeway. So easy to get to and close to all the major parks you would want to see and close to a lot of restaurant choices for dinner. Definitely a great value and location for the price. Have stayed here once a year for the past 4 years

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much for taking time to share your wonderful stay with us here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I appreciate you returning to our property on multiple occasions, as well as your compliments to our staff, property and service.

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our different choices for our hot continental breakfast.

When you return to the San Diego area, please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz

We look forward to your return!

Munich, Germany
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

It is what it is, and the rooms are clean and nice. Fridge, coffee maker, microwave, tv and free wifi. Not fancy, not bad. It is a no-nonsense hotel at a reasonable price. We did not try the complimentary breakfast, but it looked like the standard hotel breakfast with lots of sugar and carbs.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Leidy P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for taking time to express your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our friendly staff and cleanliness of our room.

Next time you stay with us, stop by our breakfast. We have lots of different choices such as eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, bagels, sausage, fresh fruit and many more.

Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Staff was excellent. Room was clean and comfortable. Fridge and microwave in the room. Internet access was good. The complimentary breakfast ok but the area is very crowded. The hotel is in a good location but very isolated if you do not have a car; no restaurants nearby. Only a small convience store across the street. About a mile east on Clairemont Drive there is a small shopping center with some fast food places, a supermarket and a drug store.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Donald E
Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking time to express your thoughts on your recent stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with our staff, service, internet and cleanliness of our rooms.

Unfortunately, the property next door to ours was just demolished, giving our area a run-down look. We are anticipating construction for the new businesses there within the next year hopefully this will improve the feel of our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We hope you will come back and stay with us again soon! If I can provide with any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at 619-275-5700 ext 393 or Lprado@hotelpros.biz