“Good location, clean rooms”

Best Western Mission Bay
Ranked #121 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed one night on a recent Sunday. This place is decently located near the 5 freeway. Close to San Diego downtown (a few miles) and area attractions. Rooms were clean. Clean rest room. Sink is outside so if you have small kids, it is a problem ;) There were many families with children. Continental breakfast was great but be prepared to stay in line. I attribute that to the decent food. Parking is limited in front of the rooms so if you arrive late in the evening, you need to park on a lot a couple mins away but within the hotel boundary. One thing I did not like was the elevator which is directly next to the laundry and service area. Over all a good place and won't mind staying there again.

Room Tip: Try and request 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I'm very happy to see that you would consider staying with us again.

I am glad that you were satisfied with our rooms, breakfast and location. I see that you were not happy with our elevator; is there anything we can do to improve that for your future stays?

Please feel free to contact me for any of your reservation needs! You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Overall, for the price you pay, it is one of the better locations to stay. The staff is friendly, the continental breakfast has a lot of options & Jerry T. (breakfast customer service guy) puts a smile on everyones face during breakfast. The rooms are a bit old but clean, but location & customer service were great! Would definately stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with the Best Western Mission Bay. It is wonderful to see that you had an enjoyable experience.

Thank you for your compliments to our Breakfast Room Attendant, Jerry. We agree that he is an incredible asset to our staff, and try to make sure he knows it! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts.

I am so happy to see that you were satisfied with the rooms, breakfast, location and staff here at the Best Western. Please come back and see us again soon!

If you need anything in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel was great! The room was clean, the staff was nice and the breakfast was surprisingly awesome. The maid even brought us extra towels as soon as we got there (presumably by the request of the front desk clerk because there were two women staying in the room) and we didn't even have to ask for them! =) The price was fantastic as well - I booked via Priceline and got a great deal. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am thrilled to see that you had an exceptional stay!

It is wonderful that you enjoyed the room, breakfast and value for the price. Though we do have an older property, we are careful to maintain the rooms and grounds!

Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer care and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you. It is wonderful that our staff took proactive measures to make your stay more comfortable.

If I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again. Have a wonderful week!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Knowing that beach towns cater to vacationers, and bad travelers with bad attitudes but too cheap to admit it, this is a reasonably priced, bed, shower and location. There are lots of coices in San Diego, location wise, this is as good as it gets.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am very glad to see that you enjoyed your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay, and were happy with our beds, bathrooms and location. Do you have any suggestions for ways we can improve?

Please let me know when you return to San Diego, as I would be happy to assist you with reservations. I can be reached at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again!

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a mid range Best Western hotel. Nothing fancy. The hotel is about a mile from Mission Bay and all of its attractions.

The rooms are average size, fairly well maintained and clean. There is a huge parking lot which, I assume, is shared by other business that were closed during our visit.

There is no restaurant onsite.

The staff were very friendly, professional and helpful. They worked hard to ensure guests were accommodated.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Good Morning,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the Best Western Mission Bay.

I am very happy to see that you were satisfied with our rooms, and cleanliness. Is there anything we can do to improve the rooms or property? We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences.

I appreciate your compliments to our staff members. Here at the Best Western, we strive to deliver superior customer service, and count on our fantastic team members to make your stay memorable.

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the future. You can contact me directly at 619-275-5700 x 200 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for sharing your experience!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Hotel is kind of centralized....although I think I like the Hotel Circle a bit better. The whole staff was very nice and accommodating. Breakfast in the special room was not bad and the staff in the room very good.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. I am very happy to see that you were pleasantly surprised by our rooms, breakfast and staff. Though we are not as central as Hotel Circle, our location is safe, quiet and close to the Bay and Sea World.

I am very happy to see that you were satisfied with our guest services and housekeeping teams. We strive to deliver superior service, and I'm glad our team members were able to do that for you.

When you return to San Diego, please consider staying with us again so we have the opportunity to show you a superior guest experience. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz.

Thank you again for your review!

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

The location was fine but I wasn't excited to get back to our room after a long day. Things in the room were falling apart and I couldn't wait to move on to our next destination. The pool was out in the middle of the parking lot which we had no interest in using. I would not go back.

The one good thing I can say is there was one staff member in the breakfast room who went above and beyond his services.

• Stayed: May 2013
Mariel D, Front Office Manager at Best Western Mission Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay here at the Best Western Mission Bay. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

I am so sorry to see that the amenities in the room were not functioning properly. I would love to know which room number you stayed in so I can ask our maintenance team to place it out of order until we can return it to our usual high standards. Here at the Best Western Mission Bay, we aim to make every guest stay a great experience and I will use your feedback to verify our rooms are in full working order.

Thank you so much for your compliments to our Breakfast Room Attendant, Jerry. We agree that he is a fantastic asset to our team, and do our best to make sure he knows it! I have passed your comments to our General Manager, as well as Jerry himself. I appreciate you taking the time to share your excellent experience with him.

I would like to ask that you consider staying with us again in the future so we can have the opportunity to show you a wonderful hotel with great rooms and a dedicated staff.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me for anything you may need in the future, or if you would like to discuss your stay in further detail. You can reach me at 619-275-5700 x 393 or mdonovan@hotelpros.biz. I am confident that we can improve in all areas than your experience.

Thank you again for completing the review.